How to access Microsoft H263 Codec ICM Drvier [msh263.drv]??

How to access Microsoft H263 Codec ICM Drvier [msh263.drv]??

Post by QI » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

 I can't use ICCompress API to compress video by msh263.drv.
 Someone can tell the trick to access it .....
Thank you!!!

How to access Microsoft H263 Codec ICM Drvier [msh263.drv]??

Post by Steve Coppol » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm just guessing, but I don't think MS wants you to be able to use this.
They license it from Intel, and maybe there are some restrictions imposed by
this. Either they use a back door to do the compression in NetMeeting, or do
it somewhere else and just use that module for decompression.

If you can find the Intel version (comes with VideoPhone, I263_32.DRV, I
think) this will let you compress (or, at least, it used to).