Converting Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format

Converting Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format

Post by Vipul Patha » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 16:46:40

Hi,
I have some need to Covert an 8 Bit PCM Wave Sound (Mono) into a Compressed
GSM Sound. I am Reading from Microphone as above Wave Format, and want to
convert this sound into GSM. I know that If I use "GSM610WAVEFORMAT" to
Read, the device itself will return GSM compressed sound. But, I don't know
how to convert it after recording as wave.

Please Help.

-Vipul.

Post by Tom Bisho » Mon, 02 Dec 2002 02:44:53

> Hi,
> I have some need to Covert an 8 Bit PCM Wave Sound (Mono) into a Compressed
> GSM Sound. I am Reading from Microphone as above Wave Format, and want to
> convert this sound into GSM. I know that If I use "GSM610WAVEFORMAT" to
> Read, the device itself will return GSM compressed sound. But, I don't know
> how to convert it after recording as wave.

> Please Help.

> -Vipul.

The Window's recorder will do that.

File -> Properties -> Convert Now

There are other controls.. search "ACM"

Tom

1. Converting a Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format Sound

Converting a Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM  -to-  GSM Format Sound ?

Hi,
I have some need to Convert an 8 Bit PCM Wave Sound (Mono) into a Compressed
GSM Sound. I am Reading from Microphone as above Wave Format, and want to
convert this sound into GSM. I know that If I use "GSM610WAVEFORMAT" to
Read, the device itself will return GSM compressed sound. But, I don't know
how to convert it after recording as wave.

Please Help.

-Vipul

2. What does Dual Channel Mean ?

3. Coverting a Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format Sound

4. CRichEditCtrl

5. converting GSM sound file format to PCM file format

6. Error Message!!!

7. How to convert Mobile Voice format wave file to PCM format?

8. The HiTek Report 12/19 Distribution:

9. Sound quality fall-off when converting PCM data from stereo to mono

10. converting gsm buffer to pcm

11. Converting PCM to GSM within an ActiveX

12. Help PCM 8.000 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono

13. Converting PCM to GSM