Director 4.0 on Win NT?

Post by J Mill » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know if Director 4.0.x is supposed to be able to run under
Windows NT ??

Please reply thru my e-mail address:

Thank you.

Director 4.0 on Win NT?

Post by Robert Mosk » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> Does anyone know if Director 4.0.x is supposed to be able to run under
> Windows NT ??

> Please reply thru my e-mail address:

It is the strangest thing: for months everytime I trade to run the Director development environment in NT, I would get a
dialog box with an error then it would disappear.  Today, I clicked on the Director icon and lo and behold it worked. I did a few
Director things and it didn't crash.  Recently I've upgraded to the second iteration of the new shell preview on top of 3.51.
Someone else with this setup should try it and see what happens.

Regards,

-----------------------------------
Robert Moskal
Brooklyn, USA

Director 4.0 on Win NT?

Post by Joanne Hollingswor » Wed, 01 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Yes, NT 3.5 did not support multimedia. Microsoft tested NT 3.5.1
>against D404 in development and it's far better than before. Still a
>few glitches, and still not a supported environment, but you can use
>it there now. Next version of Director will be specifically designed
>for 32-bit Win.

Well, every "Made with Macromedia" CD I've ever bought/borrowed/received
wouldn't even start up on my Windows NT machine. This includes the
sample Macromedia CD I received from Macromedia (in England) a few
months ago. So either nobody (including Macromedia) is developing with
the version that works on NT or I just haven't run across those that are.

As I said before, the developer I talked to told me that Macromedia
Director doesn't run on NT.

Joanne Hollingsworth