Learning about avi format

Post by Mike » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:45:03

I am a novice multimedia wannabe developer.  Any advice
(websites) on where to learn about the avi format to
possibly develop a basic viewer application that will fast
forward or rewind avi files.  Thanks

Learning about avi format

Post by krll » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:28:11

> I am a novice multimedia wannabe developer.  Any advice
> (websites) on where to learn about the avi format to
> possibly develop a basic viewer application that will fast
> forward or rewind avi files.  Thanks

I don't know of any web sites that have tutorials, but
I learned all about AVI files using only the MS Multimedia
Programmer's Reference help file.  It has a section called
"AVIFile Functions and Macros" which has everything
you need to know about opening AVI files & streams,
reading & writing data, etc.

The file is called 'mmedia.hlp'.  If you don't already have
a copy of it somewhere, you can probably find it using
Google.