blue screen of death

Post by Rick Nelso » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:17:16

when trying to view music videos at vidnet.com and launch.com i like to view
full screen.   windows media player doesn't like it and gives me the blue
screen with a 0E error.

what is happening?

blue screen of death

Post by zachd [ms » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:20:19

I'd guess that you're having video driver problems.  Updating to DirectX 8
if you haven't already, obtaining the newest video card drivers, lowering
hardware video acceleration either within WMP or on the system-wide level
... all of those should be helpful steps.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.
--

Quote:> when trying to view music videos at vidnet.com and launch.com i like to
view
> full screen.   windows media player doesn't like it and gives me the blue
> screen with a 0E error.

> what is happening?

1. Blue Screen of death on startup after installing DirectX 8.1

Hey,
I have a ThinkPad T21 with a Firewire (IEEE 1394) pci card
in the dock.  Attached to the Firewire card is a
FirewireDirect webcam (both the card and cam come from
Firewiredirect). The ThinkPad has Windows 2000
Professional (pre-installed), and 512 MB of RAM.  I didn’t
have to install any drivers from the manufacturer.

Anyway, after upgrading to DirectX 8.1 windows blue
screens on startup.  The offending file is tidcam.sys.  If
I bootup with the camera disconnected windows boots fine
but will blue screen as soon as I plug the cam in.  If I
remove some RAM (it doesn't matter which chip as long as
the laptop has under 512 MB of RAM) everything works
fine.

This problem doesn't occur under DirectX 7 or 8.0.  I
tried this with my friends ThinkPad A21 (also running
Win2k Professional)  and had the exact same problem.

Help!

2. Win98 admin. manuals??

3. media 7.0/blue screen of death

4. cannot re-enable java

5. WMP 7.1 gave Blue Screen of Death

6. Desktop Icon

7. BSOD (blue screen of death)

8. Connecting GPS to USB port running on XP

9. blue screen of death

10. Blue Screen of Death...

11. Blue Screen of Death

12. Long Reply Killed by Blue Screen of Death...Recover?

13. Blue screen of death!! - VWIN32