Need advice on screen grabber

Post by Roger A. Moncrie » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all,
> I have a simple problem that I cannot seem to find an answer to. I have
> an old x-ray type machine that displays VGA colour. I need to grab that
> image so to display it on another computer, as a bitmap.
> I have e-mailed matrox many times and other companies, but everyone
> seems to be talking 'video grabs' these days, and can't seem to help.

> If anyone is doing such a thing or can offer advice, please reply to my
> e-mail address.
> PS I am currently placing a cheap digital camera in front of the screen,
> and downloading the grab, but I'm sure there is a low cost higher
> quality alternative?

> Thanks

Anthony,
I have done thousands of screen grabs but I am confused by your comment
that the X-Ray machine displays VGA color. On any windows based
computer, a smack on the print screen button will copy the contents of
what's on the screen to the clipboard where in may be easily pasted into
any bitmap editor such as Photoshop, Corel's PhotoPaint, Painter,
Picture Publisher, etc. It can even be pasted into the little paint
utility that ships with windows and saved from there. I guess I don't
get what you are saying. Could you be more specific?
--
Roger A. Moncrief
http://www.indrev.com/

Indepth reviews of WinImages, trueSpace 3.1, Imagine for Windows, Ray
Dream Studio 4.1, Bryce 2, World Construction Set 2, Detailer, Goo,
Click & Create, CourseWorks 3.2 CBT, Desktop Support Factory, 3D Deck,
Kitchen & Bath, etc. on line now. Animated Communications' 3D
Choreographer in work. Page also contains a brief Photoshop 5 issues
report.

1. Advice needed: Capture screen action to QuickTime

I need a program to capture the screen activity of a Windows 95 app to a
QuickTime movie (to use as a demo). Shareware and commercial
solutions considered.

Please email responses. TIA.

-aaron

Designer, goodDog Productions            <http://www.dogtown.com/>

2. WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL OEM

3. Video Screen Grabber - Help !

4. Error Logged In System Event Log

5. Looking for web tutorials on graphics file formats, email, screen grabbers

6. Surround sound not working with TV

7. screen grabber and printing

8. ReBooting ME

9. Req: Screen Grabber

10. windows screen grabber

11. Windows Screen Grabber Suggestions

12. Windows 3.1 screen grabbers desired

13. shareware or freeware screen grabber for NT