no sound from player

Post by rob » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:35:50

i posted earlier that i have no playback audio from my
player or the system in general and was suggested to goto
settings, sounds and check the volume on the advanced
settings there. there is no way to do this because there
is no chosen device to play any sounds set. can someone
please tell me how to reset this area and have wmp be my
chosen playback device? thanks, rob.

no sound from player

Post by zachd [ms » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:43:02

WMP isn't a playback device - your sound card is the playback device.  :)
What sound card are you using?

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

Quote:> i posted earlier that i have no playback audio from my
> player or the system in general and was suggested to goto
> settings, sounds and check the volume on the advanced
> settings there. there is no way to do this because there
> is no chosen device to play any sounds set. can someone
> please tell me how to reset this area and have wmp be my
> chosen playback device? thanks, rob.

1. media player--no sound, original player--has sound

OS--Windows 2K Advanced Server SPK3
Sound--Aureal Vortex AU8830 driver version 4.12.01.2559

********************************

+According to Win2K, the drivers are installed properly.
+CD player that comes with Win2K plays sound files.

********************************

-Can't play sound files off of the harddrive or 256MB USB
harddrive.
-Can't play any sound file off of the hard drive(file type
doesn't matter)
-Downloaded Media Player 9, doesn't work at all, not even
sound files?

********************************

Uninstalled Media Player 9.  Still only able to play off
of CD's.

********************************

The question is why is it that when using the proper
aureal sound card drivers, Win2k stops playing sound after
no more than 3 minutes?  This also happens with Suse Linux
2.4 kernel when using the proper drivers.
The problem persisted when using Win2k without a SPK,
SPK2, and SPK3.
Other than buying a new sound card, are there any updated
drivers out there.  Any help would be appreciated.

2. Sound board for OS/2?

3. No Sound w Media Player - but sound card is fine

4. Printer port

5. Media Player-W95-Sound And Audio sounded weird

6. drivers

7. No Sound with Media player 7.01 but sound with everything else!

8. mpeg file fast forward

9. Sound Blaster Live Player 5.1 sometimes makes cracking sound when starting up Windows XP????

10. Headphone sound gone with Media Player; OK with CD player

11. Why does my player sound like a cheap cd skippin player?

12. Sound card works fine with Real Player, but Media Player says it cannot find the hardware