Q : unreadable AVI file ?

Post by JC » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:55:43

Hi all,

 I have a 729 Mb AVI file that can't be read,
 it looks like the readers I tried can't resolve
 the codec ID needed to decompress the image data.

 Can anyone help ?

 Here are two sample files extracted from the big
 one, their indexes were rebuilt by using DivFix,
 there is a 10 Mb file, and the other is 1 Mb, at:
 http://5.d.free.fr/io/sample.htm

TIA

1. unreadable avi file

hello,

I have some videos I'd like to view. The files are .avi.

I have WMP 6.4 .

That's not the first time I ask this question. Last time, someone told me to
try a divx codec. I tried downloading it at http://www.divx.com but the
problem is stille the same.

So what could I try now?

thanks in advance.

2. jumpin' cursor

3. This file just doesn't disappear: qs.ini !!!

4. Announce Browse and Zip

5. i want the AVI file change becase other media programs don't play changing AVI

6. a few questions

7. Move Maker 2 AVI File Generation NV-AVI

8. evb: How to customize IDE?

9. ASF Video files unreadable in Media Player (Help!)

10. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable - Chkdsk

11. the file \windows\system32\system is corrupt and unreadable

12. Error message: The file or Dir c:\$Mft is corrupt or unreadable

13. Corrupt Unreadable Files