Too many fakes

Post by Paul Lu » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Can someone recommend a reliable application program that I can use to
convert from .avi to asf format for streaming. I have tried many demo
programs and so far I would not spend a dime on any of them. I have a Dazzle
USB video capture card and a Pinnacle DC-10. I can caputure video but the
format (.avi ) is not suitable for streaming. I need a program that will
convbert to .asf format.

Too many fakes

Post by Runso » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Paul,

Hmmm ... are you serious?

Try to look for Windows Media Encoder ...

Regards,
Runson

Quote:> Can someone recommend a reliable application program that I can use to
> convert from .avi to asf format for streaming. I have tried many demo
> programs and so far I would not spend a dime on any of them. I have a
Dazzle
> USB video capture card and a Pinnacle DC-10. I can caputure video but the
> format (.avi ) is not suitable for streaming. I need a program that will
> convbert to .asf format.

Too many fakes

Post by Kevin Kan » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Windows Media Encoder is pretty good for that (and it's free).  You can also
try Windows Media On Demand producer (also free).  Two other options are
Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge or their Stream Anywhere program (which is just
On Demand Producer with the ability to compress to Real Media format).  Both
of these programs cost money (Sound Forge is particularly pricey) though so
it really depends on your budget.  Since you're just looking to use Windows
Media, I'd say go with Encoder or On Demand Producer.  Hope this helps...

                      -K

1. Content box in page with fake fixed background (watermarkish), fake textured scrollbar, scalable (including font-size)

Great effect, thanks for the tut! We'll try it soon.
Cheers, Ed

Mid page scalable text box with fixed backgroundimage and textured
scrollbar.
Use is made of JScript expressions on positioning elements. (IE55 users
might get errors). The DIV 'bodydummycontainer' acts as dummy for the
textbox canvas. Set the Alpha filter opacity between 40 and 70% depending on
how good you will have the image shine trough and the scrollbar colors
expressesed. Do not place content outside the 'bodydummycontainer' div (that
is in the 'boxcanvas' div) or the effect will be lost.
The DIV 'contentcontainer' is the container in which all message content
should be placed. For the 'boxcanvas' background image use an image with a
width of 21px which is suitabel for 1024px resolution screens. (actually
800px resoltion screen use a 17px scrollbar so we could use a conditional
statement to show different stylesheets (you have to make a 17px image and
place that in the alternative stylesheet).
A dummy bkg image is included in the contentcontainer div whereby its
position is fixed using some seamingly inticate usage of
offsetHeight/scrollTop and image offsetHeight. The effect is like a
watermark.(IE55 on Macintosh only supports background:fixed).
Font size depends on boxcanvas width (try resizing the window!)
Cybarber, December 15th, 2002

2. file exten XP (different Q)

3. Scrolling with an revealing image, unexpected behavior? was( Content box in page with fake fixed background (watermarkish), fake textured scrollbar, scalable (including font-size)

4. installing a D-link DFE 690TXD network card.

5. error in Pause / Fake Stop()

6. Why does this HTML display in IE but not in NN?

7. Are these video files fakes or what?

8. Windows XP USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED errors

9. no more 'fake' streaming with wmv?

10. Question on best method to Filter all the Fake Microsoft e-mail

11. HOW TO MAKE FAKE EMAIL ADDRESS

12. Fake e-mail from "Microsoft Security Center"

13. Faking it when no floppy installed