DAT Files

Post by John Hol » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:24:09

I have a friend who uses a windows PC who sends me movie files with the
suffix .dat, what is the best way to open these type of files on my G$
running system 10.26 and 9.2.2.
Thank you
John.
PS Should I consider telling my friend to save his movies in a more user
friendly format!!!!

DAT Files

Post by Mickey Steven » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 05:02:15

It's because the person is using Outlook's proprietary encoding for
attachments that e-mail clients on the Mac do not understand.  There's a
freeware application that can decode these files so that you can use them,
called TNEF's Enough.
<http://www.joshjacob.com/macdev/tnef/>

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

DAT Files

Post by Ramón G Casta?ed » Sat, 02 Aug 2003 11:59:16

Quote:> It's because the person is using Outlook's proprietary encoding for
> attachments that e-mail clients on the Mac do not understand.  There's a
> freeware application that can decode these files so that you can use them,
> called TNEF's Enough.
> <http://www.joshjacob.com/macdev/tnef/>

Unfortunately, that link is broken -- or the server is down.

Version Tracker points to the same link.  :-(

---
Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined,
ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM.
Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome.

1. Win95 - system.dat & user.dat files

I recently loaded the resource kit for Win95 and in reading the help files
regarding the registry settings it said that the regedit either reads or
writes info from/to the system.dat and the user.dat files. These files are
nowhere to be found on my system although all seems to be operating just fine.
What does this mean, and how can I create these files?

Thanks alot:)

Ken Sturgeon

2. helper applications for netscape

3. What is causing Mm2048.dat & Mm256.dat files?

4. user can't open outlook from XP

5. Cookies: the MM256.DAT and MM2048.DAT files under C:\WINDOWS\Cookies

6. ::: how to connect to another computer ??? :::

7. VideoCD .dat file => .mpg file

8. Microsoft Access on a Mirrored Drive Creates Wierd Tables

9. Difference between VCD(.dat) file and mpeg file's format?

10. how could i convert a .dat file of Video cd to .asf file(no contents)

11. Convert DAT files to MPG files

12. Convert DAT files to MPEG files

13. converting *.avi files to *.dat files for VCD presentation