Advice needed: Capture screen action to QuickTime

Advice needed: Capture screen action to QuickTime

Post by Aaron C. Ly » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I need a program to capture the screen activity of a Windows 95 app to a
QuickTime movie (to use as a demo). Shareware and commercial
solutions considered.

Please email responses. TIA.

-aaron

Designer, goodDog Productions            <http://www.dogtown.com/>

Post by Roger A. Moncrie » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I need a program to capture the screen activity of a Windows 95 app to a
> QuickTime movie (to use as a demo). Shareware and commercial
> solutions considered.

> Please email responses. TIA.

> -aaron

> --

> Designer, goodDog Productions            <http://www.dogtown.com/>

aaron,
Lotus' ScreenCam is as good as it gets for screen capturing screen
activity to video on Windows 95 machines. It will export the .avi file
format which may then be converted to Quicktime. I don't know off hand
if there are any shareware apps around that will do the conversion. You
can search http://www.shareware.com and see. I know apps like Adobe
Premiere and Corel's PhotoPaint will do it easily. Hope this helps.
--
Roger A. Moncrief
http://www.indrev.com

Indepth reviews of Imagine for Windows, Ray Dream Studio 4.1, Bryce 2,
World Construction Set 2, Detailer, Goo, Click & Create, CourseWorks 3.2
CBT, etc. on line now. trueSpace 3 in work. All pages now enhanced with
music by the Keyboard Wizard.

Advice needed: Capture screen action to QuickTime

Post by Dean Crave » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Aaron,

Please check out our screen capture tool "SnagIt".  It can easily
capture screen activity to an AVI file.  We currently do not output
QuickTime, but there are several tools available that can convert AVI to
QuickTime.  An eval version of SnagIt is available at
http://www.techsmith.com.

Best of Luck,
Dean Craven

>I need a program to capture the screen activity of a Windows 95 app to
>QuickTime movie (to use as a demo). Shareware and commercial
>solutions considered.

>Please email responses. TIA.

>-aaron
>--

>Designer, goodDog Productions            <http://www.dogtown.com/>

TechSmith Corporation -  Visit us at http://www.techsmith.com

1. Capturing screen action

I'm researching authoring systems & ideas for implementing computer-based
training to teach employees how to use my company's proprietary
Windows-based systems.

Obviously, the ability to capture & demonstrate screen action (someone
working through a section of the program) would be ideal. I have heard of
2 programs to do the capturing: Lotus ScreenCam and IBM's Instant Replay.

Does anyone have any information about these 2 programs that might
recommend one over the other? Or suggestions for other/better programs to
accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice.
--

2. opentype and type1 fonts don't print in office

3. Screen action capturing & controlling

4. pptp

5. Splash Screen: I Need Bitmap File or Screen Capture

6. Cheers For Adobe

7. Need screen capture of XPpro domain login screen

8. Bizzare problems with NT DHCP Server

9. Need your Advice: Specification research for Quicktime video --> DVD title

10. need advice for viewing mpeg and quicktime..

11. quicktime screen capture utility?

12. Macintosh Screen Capture as Quicktime Video

13. Advice Needed--Capturing Digital Video