Another Director Question: How to disable the Mouse

Another Director Question: How to disable the Mouse

Post by James J. DiStefa » Tue, 30 May 1995 04:00:00

Thanks to everyone who answered the previous Director question I posted.
Due to the overwhelming success of that post, I have another question to
ask:

What would be the best way to disable mouse input while an animation
plays?  I mean, I click on a button and the playback head jumps to play an
animation.  I'd like Director to disregard any additional mouse input
until the animation stops.

The buttons I have on the screen are 'hot' at all times.  I can figure out
a few workarounds, but there seems to be simpler ways to accomplish the
same goal.  Plus, since I have 96 fif* frame animations, I'd like to
refrain from writing a score script and assigning it to ump* million
cells.  My movie is slow enough as is.

Oh, another question.  How can I speed up the playback of my movie?  I
have all the cast member's purge priority set to 3, yet it still slows
down.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

--
James J. DiStefano
Center for Educational Technology

Post by Sanjiv R. Malk » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Thanks to everyone who answered the previous Director question I posted.
>Due to the overwhelming success of that post, I have another question to
>ask:

>What would be the best way to disable mouse input while an animation
>plays?  I mean, I click on a button and the playback head jumps to play an
>animation.  I'd like Director to disregard any additional mouse input

When you play the animation, try hiding the cursor.  Youu can set cursor 200
on mouseUp or something in your button script.  You can speed up or slow
down your movie with Tempo Channel setting.  Good Luck...
Sanjiv R. Malkan

Another Director Question: How to disable the Mouse

Post by Michael P. O'Lear » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

It seems like you're looking for a way to basically disable the buttons
on the screen during your animations.  One fairly easy way (depending on
how the animations are backed against each other in your score) is this:
Hilite the button blocks in your score where they appear in frames that
correspond to your animation frames.  Go to the script box in the upper
left corner of the score and choose script 0 to give all hilited buttons
the 0 script which is blank.  They then will have no function during
your animation, even if clicked.

Mike-O

1. question about disabled mouse

Hi everyone:
I have the following problem. When I start the computer (Toshiba
Satellite)the arrow does not show up. I guess there is a problem
with Configuration.sys or Windows ini. The notebook comes loaded
with Windows 95, but I do not know how to access the Start button
using the keyboard (or shortcuts)in order to try to solve the
problem. Does anybody know what keys I have to punch in order to
access that funcition (Start)??

Thanks for your help.
I will appreciate if send me your comments by e-mail to

Marcelo

2. updated Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

3. Director Question by Director Outsider

4. Warning during booting process

5. ******Director 5.0 PC from Director 4.0.4 MAc Question- Any Help!*******

6. Nbci Website/Windows Media Player Help!

7. How can you disable a screen saver in Director project?

8. backing up messages without Outlook or Exchange

9. Download Director failed to load or ava scripting is disabled

10. Help with mouse pointer in Director

11. help! Director- how determine idle mouse?

12. Detecting mouse movement in Director 5.0

13. Disable right mouse button in Media Player