Entry Point not found.......WDENGINE.dll???

Entry Point not found.......WDENGINE.dll???

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:07:46

Hmm.  I don't see much information in the file descriptors, but opening the
file in notepad seems to indicate that the file is a video card driver or
some such other video-card related file.  You may have some sort of video
card driver problem - you may want to reload your video card driver.
 http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
may be helpful.  Unfortunately, this isn't something directly within WMP but
rather something accessed by WMP, so I don't see much/any information on
this.

This e-mail account is unmonitored.  Please only reply to the newsgroups
unless specifically requested.
See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.

--

> I just recently updated my 2000 Professional box/laptop
> (Toshiba Satellite 4200 series) too XP.  After I was done
> updating it I tried to run some media but every time I
> run the media player, and or anything that plays media I
> get this error
> (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/icu8mydust/Jeremy/WinMediaE
> rror.jpg, this is the screen shot)

> The error says:

> could not be located in the dynamic link library
> WDENGINE.dll

> I've searched around for answers but have been unable to
> locate anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Also seeing I dont frequent this newsgroup any replies

> TIA

> Jeremy Wolfe
> Tech Support
> DirecWay Network Management Center
> 301-601-7205 x3084
> "...and you have, THREEVE, simply brilliant, a
> combination of three and five..."  SNL

1. WDENGINE.DLL Not Found

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Beta release of Windows Media
Player 9, because I was receiving an error with the
previous release.

The error I received was as follows:

"The application has failed to start because WDENGINE.DLL
was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this
problem."

When I installed the beta release of version 9, this
problem cleared up, and I was able to use the program
effectively. However, after re-starting the machine, the
problem has since re-appeared.

I am running Windows XP professional with all available
service packs and system patches installed.

I cannot find any reference to WDENGINE anywhere on the
web, or on any newsnet user groups.

2. Read ''Most'' All Messages in Plain Text?

3. " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

4. CE job in Dallas

5. Shell32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found

6. XP system won't reboot

7. Entry Point Not found msvcrt.dll

8. Simple Question - Hard Answer Needed - Which Programming Language

9. Entry Point Not Found, Missing .dll

10. DLL problems under emulator - 'entry point not found'

11. Entry point msvcrt.ra.d not found in msvcrt40.dll

12. Error: Entry Point not Found -- MPR.DLL

13. Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL