converting GSM sound file format to PCM file format

converting GSM sound file format to PCM file format

Post by Gues » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hey Guys!!
  I am trying to convert GSM file(a recorded sound file with format GSM)
to PCM file format.As in sound blaster,after opening and playing a file
,we can save that file as any given format we want.So I open and play a
file with using
MCI commands,the problem is at the time of saving because I did not find
any MCI function that can save the opened file format as the file format
I want.
So tell me such function that can help me out to solve this problem.
 Or tell me the detail design for the conversion with formats of GSM and
PCM.
                            || OR||
 Can somboidy send me the source code to convert GSM file format to PCM
file format in C,C++,VC++.
I am in urgent need of the solution.So please try to send the reply as
soon as possible.

Thanks for reading this problem.
Ajit

1. Converting a Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format Sound

Converting a Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM  -to-  GSM Format Sound ?

Hi,
I have some need to Convert an 8 Bit PCM Wave Sound (Mono) into a Compressed
GSM Sound. I am Reading from Microphone as above Wave Format, and want to
convert this sound into GSM. I know that If I use "GSM610WAVEFORMAT" to
Read, the device itself will return GSM compressed sound. But, I don't know
how to convert it after recording as wave.

Please Help.

-Vipul

2. select audio channel in VCD

3. How to convert Mobile Voice format wave file to PCM format?

4. Video Capture aka Random Access Video

5. Converting Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format

6. Processor speed for Dragon Pro?

7. Coverting a Wave-Mono-8 Bit PCM -to- GSM Format Sound

8. Using this newsgroup

9. converting wma format file to a wav format file to play on aol

10. how can i convert MP3 format to PCM format????

11. Newbie Q: how to convert .wri format file to other format?

12. Utility for converting Mac sound files to .AU format?

13. Converting sound scraps (.SHS files) to .WAV format