Joining Multiple Short Quicktime Files - WIN Enviroment

Joining Multiple Short Quicktime Files - WIN Enviroment

Post by Michael Scott Mill » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:21:00

Hi all,

I need to combine multiple short (10-15 sec.) Quicktime movies into a
single long movie.  Is this possible in Windows?  I have QT Pro from
about a year ago; I think it's QT 5 but not sure.  (I cannot even get
QT to play all of my Favorites in sequence, w/o interruption.)  Would
be grateful for any tips.

Mike Miller

Post by Brennan Youn » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:38:08

> Hi all,

> I need to combine multiple short (10-15 sec.) Quicktime movies into a
> single long movie.  Is this possible in Windows?  I have QT Pro from
> about a year ago; I think it's QT 5 but not sure.  (I cannot even get
> QT to play all of my Favorites in sequence, w/o interruption.)  Would
> be grateful for any tips.

You could do it manually with copy/paste, but it might be easier to try
making a SMIL document with a text editor.

Lots of information here:

<http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tools_tips/tutorials/>

1. Joining multiple ASF-Files to one ?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:38:04 +0200, "Alessandro Angeli"

I posted a request in windowsmedia.technologies a couple of days ago
asking for help packaging an .exe created using the WM Format SDK.
(So for I have not received any response.)

Would it help me to get a response to say that the application I
developed is an ASF JOINER, and it works very well on my machine, I
just can't seem to package it for anyone else?

Would it also help to know that I intend to give the application away
for FREE once it is distributable?

PLEASE help...
-AD

Here is the text of the original post:
I had no problem compiling and running the wmvcopy example with the
WMFSDK on my local development machine, but whenever I try to package
the app to test it on a "virgin" (non-development) machine,
pWriter->BeginWriting fails with status 0x8000ffff (E_UNEXPECTED)
every time I try to run it.  (Exact message:  BeginWriting on
IWMWriter failed (hr=0x8000ffff).  ).

To create the test package I am using Visual Studio Installer, and am
including the following DLL's in the install package:
WMVCORE.DLL     4.1.1.0149
WMASF.DLL               4.1.1.0149
DRMCLIEN.DLL            1.2.0.1115

The target machine has Media Player 6.1 installed to provide
STRMDLL.DLL.  I get the same results whether the target machine is
loaded with 98 or NT 4.0 (SP4) and with or without IE5 installed.
Just for the heck of it I also tried installing all 3 files in the
..\wmfsdk\Redist folder, wvmcopy.exe still fails at
IWMWriter->BeginWriting.

The program I am developing is freeware, so I can't afford big time MS
support...  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-AD

2. Previous version of MS-DOS?

3. how to join multiple large text files in W2K?

4. EWF QUESTIONS

5. Difference between Mac Quicktime and Win Quicktime?

6. Win 98 "certificate of authenticity" needed for Church.

7. Win XP Pro joining Win NT domain

8. computer chronicles says

9. Enviroment variables - Win XP

10. why won't my quicktime files stream?

11. QUICKTIME WON'T OPEN MOV FILES

12. QT files won't play with QuickTime for Windows

13. XP on notebook joining multiple domains