Convert VCD formatted PAL into VCD format NTSC

Convert VCD formatted PAL into VCD format NTSC

Post by Heriz » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:43:25

Is some software it  can help me. I want to use a VCD
formatted with PAL to have it formatted into NTSC so I can
read it into North american DVD, I mean zone 1.
I thank you very much.
Herizo.

Convert VCD formatted PAL into VCD format NTSC

Post by Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DigitalMedia » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:03:02

DVD zones and video formats are not related (North America
and Japan are both NTSC contries but the former is R1 and
the latter is R2, viceversa Japan and Europe are both R2 but
Japan uses NTSC while Europe uses PAL, and so on...) and
VCDs do not have zones. Beside almost any DVD player
supports both PAL and NTSC content on both DVD and VCD and
can convert it to the right output.

If you still feel you need to perform a PAL->NTSC conversion
on VCD-constrained MPEG1 content (and degrade quality by
noticeably reducing vertical resolution and adding jerkyness
by inserting padding frames), you can easily do it using the
free TMPGEnc.

Quote:> Is some software it  can help me. I want to use a VCD
> formatted with PAL to have it formatted into NTSC so I can
> read it into North american DVD, I mean zone 1.
> I thank you very much.
> Herizo.

1. Exporting clips for VCD/PAL format

I have a clip at 352x288 mpeg-1 standard...when i playback on PC is ok.
But there is some clipping at 4 sides occurs for TV output.
May i know how to prevent this? Is there some kind of letterbox to be
needed,and what's the exact size?
I'm using adobe primere 5.1a.

Thanks.

2. Program Installation Errors

3. How to convert m1v file to mpg format to burn vcd

4. Project 4.0

5. Convert VCD's to ASF format

6. Displaying .ppm files using Visual C++

7. Need help: Convert .dat file in VCD to ASF format

8. updates

9. NTSC Film 23.97 FPS convert to PAL or NTSC

10. need vcd file format info

11. Difference between VCD(.dat) file and mpeg file's format?

12. VCD file format

13. VCD VCD PLAYERS