Nvidia drivers and 1280x720 playback of dvr-ms files

Nvidia drivers and 1280x720 playback of dvr-ms files

Post by vlad » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:22:49

In couple of my previous posts I was pointing out to a
problem that ocurrs on my Leadtek Winfast A280 TH LED GF4
Ti-4200 my Vivo when trying to playback dvr-ms files under
1280x720p resolution on 16:9 display in zoom-in mode
(using Zoomplayer - using only a part of 4:3 image that
fits to 16:9 screen to avoid "stretching" of the image and
retain natural proportions of the image).

Well, I finally made it work.  The issue is in the "clone"
mode.  I was trying to make it work with two active
displays in the "clone" mode with my TV monitor being the
primary display.  This could not work. It works only when
I use only one monitor - my TV monitor.  Then Nvidia
drivers properly pick up the Zoomplayer settings and
display only a zoomed-in portion of the image in its full
glory properly using all hardware acceleration features
and displaying georgeous image.

Obviously, this is not acceptable solution, and I still
hope that Nvidia/MS will fix this issue in the "clone"
mode.  For my set up it is important that I use two
monitors, and I do not want to switch to a single monitor
set-up every time before playing dvr-ms files.  This will
be especialy true in couple of weeks when I move to a
different apartment and will use two monitors in separate
rooms.

Regards,

Vlad

Nvidia drivers and 1280x720 playback of dvr-ms files

Post by Paul K » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:52:22

Vlad,

I'm glad you figured out the problem. I gave up on clone mode and n-view a
long time ago for use with Media Center because it simply didn't seem to
work. It just didn't occur to me that this was the cause of your problem.
Good luck in getting dual monitor support in the future.

Paul K.

Quote:> In couple of my previous posts I was pointing out to a
> problem that ocurrs on my Leadtek Winfast A280 TH LED GF4
> Ti-4200 my Vivo when trying to playback dvr-ms files under
> 1280x720p resolution on 16:9 display in zoom-in mode
> (using Zoomplayer - using only a part of 4:3 image that
> fits to 16:9 screen to avoid "stretching" of the image and
> retain natural proportions of the image).

> Well, I finally made it work.  The issue is in the "clone"
> mode.  I was trying to make it work with two active
> displays in the "clone" mode with my TV monitor being the
> primary display.  This could not work. It works only when
> I use only one monitor - my TV monitor.  Then Nvidia
> drivers properly pick up the Zoomplayer settings and
> display only a zoomed-in portion of the image in its full
> glory properly using all hardware acceleration features
> and displaying georgeous image.

> Obviously, this is not acceptable solution, and I still
> hope that Nvidia/MS will fix this issue in the "clone"
> mode.  For my set up it is important that I use two
> monitors, and I do not want to switch to a single monitor
> set-up every time before playing dvr-ms files.  This will
> be especialy true in couple of weeks when I move to a
> different apartment and will use two monitors in separate
> rooms.

> Regards,

> Vlad

Nvidia drivers and 1280x720 playback of dvr-ms files

Thanks Paul.