Windows Media 9 and PocketPC E-115

Post by Mann » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:03:29

I upgraded to Windows Media 9 and now Windows Media does
not see/recognize my PocketPC Cassiopeia E-115.  Any help
is appreciated.  I would like to use Windows Media 9 but
if I have to revert back to the original Windows Media
which came with the XP Home Edition CD, i need to know
how...  Thanks again.

Windows Media 9 and PocketPC E-115

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:28:11

According to
===
http://www.windowsmedia.com/9series/personalization/cooldevices.asp
===
, that's not on the 9 Series supported devices list.  According to a review
I saw, it uses the serial port, not USB.  To my knowledge Windows Media
Player 9 Series solely supports USB devices (although the list should be
more helpful than my loose understanding).

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
--

Quote:> I upgraded to Windows Media 9 and now Windows Media does
> not see/recognize my PocketPC Cassiopeia E-115.  Any help
> is appreciated.  I would like to use Windows Media 9 but
> if I have to revert back to the original Windows Media
> which came with the XP Home Edition CD, i need to know
> how...  Thanks again.

1. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

I have a E-115 Cassiopeia, it comes with Windows Media Player.  I heard of
Windows Media Player 7.1, first of all, does anyone use this new one?
second, how does it compare to the original one? thirdly, if i want to
install it, do i have to remove the old one in E-115? and how?  thanks....:)

2. small print size

3. Windows Media Player 7.1, Cassiopiea E-115, buttons

4. EMWAC IMS 7.0 Question

5. problem when playing MP3 from CF card in E-115

6. Compatability with Windows Xp and Works 2001

7. hebrew language support for my E-115

8. ActiveSync Service Provider

9. capturing video on E-115

10. capturing video from E-115

11. Compaq iPAQ or Casio E-115 everybody?

12. FA: Cassiopeia E-115 with warranty and TONS of extras!!!

13. New Casio E-115 Check it out