change language

Post by Terr » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:30:35

I know this must be a simple solution, but even when I
download the "English" version of MP 7.1 I still get
Germany when I install.  How can I change the language to
English?

change language

Post by zachd [ms » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:31:02

From
 http://www.windowsmedia.com/download/
download WMP for the language of your choice and choose Reinstall All mode,
installing it on top of your existing install.  You may need to update the
desktop shortcut yourself, but everything else should be fixed.  If this
still does not fix your problem, find "wmploc.dll" on your system, rename
that, and then again reinstall WMP in Reinstall All mode.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is helpful.
--

Quote:> I know this must be a simple solution, but even when I
> download the "English" version of MP 7.1 I still get
> Germany when I install.  How can I change the language to
> English?

1. Change language

By error, I have recently installed Windows Media 9 in
French.  As I am unilingual English, I am unable to make
full utilization of the Media Player.  Can anyone tell me
how to "uninstall" the French version and then "install"
teh English version?  I've tried downloading the English
version from the Microsoft site but during the install
portion it reverts back to French.  Any help would be
appreciated.

2. Mouse Capture Stops Accelerators and ALT

3. How to change language?

4. GNU bash

5. Change language on wmp 7.1 (desperate)

6. What I get from just telnet connect socket ?

7. How to change language used in the OE menu

8. Logon Scripts

9. Change Language

10. Changing language

11. Changing Language setting