MMedia Mixer API

Post by Yariv Ben-Tovi » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

We are trying to create an Audio application using only win32 api.

After creating an application that is opening a OUT line and getting all
associated controls, we would like to be notified on SPK Gain and Vol
changes.
The only message we get from the system using the CallBack mechanism of the
MixerOpen is regarding the Volume Control changes and not the Gain changes.
We are able to get the gain value if we check it, for example using an
initiated call to mixerGetControlDetails().

MM_MIXM_CONTROL_CHANGE is the system message that we get on Volume change
and as far as we understand is supposed to inflect Gain changes as well
BUT......

Any help would be appreciated. A Sample program will be more then welcomed !

 Thanks !

        Yariv

Balisoft Technologies Inc.         Web: http://www.balisoft.com

Yariv Ben-Tovim

Tel: ++972+9+7663894 ext 318

MMedia Mixer API

Post by Alberto Fdez Alon » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

        Hello,

Quote:> We are trying to create an Audio application using only win32 api.

> After creating an application that is opening a OUT line and getting all
> associated controls, we would like to be notified on SPK Gain and Vol
> changes.
> The only message we get from the system using the CallBack mechanism of the
> MixerOpen is regarding the Volume Control changes and not the Gain changes.
> We are able to get the gain value if we check it, for example using an
> initiated call to mixerGetControlDetails().

> MM_MIXM_CONTROL_CHANGE is the system message that we get on Volume change
> and as far as we understand is supposed to inflect Gain changes as well
> BUT......

        No, volume and Gain (for de Ms-Mixer) are independent controls. The
actions on one don't modify to the other.

        You need the IdControl for the gain, and check (mixerGetControlDetails)
when,

        MyCallBack()
        if (MyIdControlGain == lParam .and. MyMixer == wParam) then
        {
                mixerGetControlDetails()
        }

        In order to take the MyIdControlGain you need find a control type
UNSIGNED in the line.

        Un Saludo.

--
Alberto Fdez. \

1. Conflicts between mixer API and DirectSound?

I'm trying to use the mixer functions to adjust the volume of a CD/Aux line
while DirectSound streams audio to a separate wave line.  Unfortunately,
whenever I simultaneously open a mixer device (via mixerOpen) and a
DirectSound stream, my program crashes with a page fault in the kernel.
Are the mixer API and DirectSound incompatible?

I'd also appreciate to any pointers to example code for the mixer API.
It's quite possible that I'm having this problem simply because I'm using
the mixer incorrectly....

Thanks,
Jake

2. Lost Messages on upgrade to XP

3. using mixer api to set recording volume

4. web browser activex control

5. Problem setting the recording device using the mixer API

6. images only as bitmaps and slow

7. Windows Mixer API

8. Disk Manager for Windows 95...

9. Mixer API Problem...

10. How to select 'Line In' checkbox using Audio Mixer API

11. Mixer API problem with Yamaha OPLA3-SA (Gateway)

12. set recording volume thru mixer api

13. mixer API