how to encode with media player 9 toplay on older player

how to encode with media player 9 toplay on older player

Post by Dary » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:55:42

HI! I am having a problem, I downloaded media encoder 9 I
am putting my pastor's sermons on our web page, I need to
encode it at 4 bits, (that makes a 40min sermon less than
2megs) but when I do that it will not play on older
versions of media player, but if I encode it at a higher
like 64bit it will play fine. I am new at encoding but if
anyone can help please do don't know if I am missing a
setting or what? BTW is there a way to get .wma files to
play on Netscape? I am trying to make my page easy for
people and I don't want older people to not listen to the
sermon if they are asked to upgrade....

Thanks,
Daryl

how to encode with media player 9 toplay on older player

Post by Darnel » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:10:18

ALoha!

Try encoding at the higher rate, breaking the sermon up in
4 pieces, then create a playlist that will run all in
order.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>HI! I am having a problem, I downloaded media encoder 9 I
>am putting my pastor's sermons on our web page, I need to
>encode it at 4 bits, (that makes a 40min sermon less than
>2megs) but when I do that it will not play on older
>versions of media player, but if I encode it at a higher
>like 64bit it will play fine. I am new at encoding but if
>anyone can help please do don't know if I am missing a
>setting or what? BTW is there a way to get .wma files to
>play on Netscape? I am trying to make my page easy for
>people and I don't want older people to not listen to the
>sermon if they are asked to upgrade....

>Thanks,
>Daryl
>.

how to encode with media player 9 toplay on older player

Post by Zarax [MSUN » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:08:43

Get Windows Media Services 4.1, you will be able to encode
asf files with thr acelp.net codec and ensure
compatibility with the older players...
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>HI! I am having a problem, I downloaded media encoder 9 I
>am putting my pastor's sermons on our web page, I need to
>encode it at 4 bits, (that makes a 40min sermon less than
>2megs) but when I do that it will not play on older
>versions of media player, but if I encode it at a higher
>like 64bit it will play fine. I am new at encoding but if
>anyone can help please do don't know if I am missing a
>setting or what? BTW is there a way to get .wma files to
>play on Netscape? I am trying to make my page easy for
>people and I don't want older people to not listen to the
>sermon if they are asked to upgrade....

>Thanks,
>Daryl
>.

1. Help: Encoding for older players

We are having a really hard time with this one.
We are streaming a unicast from our 2003 Server through diverse mount points
and have a huge audience with systems ranging from Win 95 to Mac, and from
all over the world. We need to be able to show what's playing and link to
the online store for purchases.
We used a URL event to link to the dynamic page, but now the content will
only play in a Win 9 player. A large part of our audience will not be able
to get this player, defeating the purpose.
I have not been able to find a utility to create URL events in older codec
versions.
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Sonja

2. XP Pro will not address all my memory (3GB Limit?)

3. Encode through Windows Media Encoder 9 vs. Windows Media Player 9 (Copy from CD)

4. System resources?

5. dynamic asx issues between older WMP players and series 9 player

6. What are those strange programs running?

7. Moving Playlist from older version of Media Player

8. Reading UDF CD-R disk w/XP

9. Embedded Media Player Control show 6.4 but Media Player 7 installed?

10. Media Player lost events on Windows2000 Media Player

11. Media Player 7 databases in Media Player 8

12. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

13. I.E. and windows media player/media player