Windows Media Player 7.1 finds Media Invalid or Unreadable

Windows Media Player 7.1 finds Media Invalid or Unreadable

Post by Hari Mud » Wed, 29 May 2002 04:08:09

Media player 7.1 for windows 98 se used to work fine,
however after a reformat and reinstall of OS etc and after
reinstalling 7.1 I get a message when searching for
meadia " The drive you selected maybe invalid or
unreadable."

This happends on Both Hard drives

I reinstalled the OS, removed MP 7.1 and reinstalled, same
Message.

Suggestions anyone ?

Windows Media Player 7.1 finds Media Invalid or Unreadable

Post by Targo Rotgu » Wed, 29 May 2002 06:53:23

Quote:> Media player 7.1 for windows 98 se used to work fine,
> however after a reformat and reinstall of OS etc and after
> reinstalling 7.1 I get a message when searching for
> meadia " The drive you selected maybe invalid or
> unreadable."

> This happends on Both Hard drives

> I reinstalled the OS, removed MP 7.1 and reinstalled, same
> Message.

> Suggestions anyone ?

Yes, go into the windows folder, delete wmplibrary*.db  Then,
restart WMP and do a search for your music, it will all be found. I
have the same problem, and learned to copy the library file to
another location often. My music is all over my computer, so this
saves me time when the file gets crazy, as it does.  You have not
lost any music, the library fild is just fouled up.  You will have
to do the search though, when you restart wmp, you won't have
anything in the library yet.

--

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as
a bad example.