Director Question by Director Outsider

Post by Robert Mosk » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Greetings:

I know Director can be extended using  xobjects and xtras.  These seem to be .dlls that
are somehow tightly bound (this is not a technical term) to Director.  I have an existing .dll
developed in Delphi and I want to make some of the functions available to a Director app.
Sorry to ask such a basic question (I don't have access to Director or Director docs), but
can I link to this .dll in director?

Regards,

Robert Moskal
Brooklyn, USA

Post by John Dowde » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I know Director can be extended using  xobjects and xtras.  These seem
to be .dlls that
> are somehow tightly bound (this is not a technical term) to Director.  I

have an existing .dll

Quote:> developed in Delphi and I want to make some of the functions available
to a Director app.
> Sorry to ask such a basic question (I don't have access to Director or
Director docs), but
> can I link to this .dll in director?

It's possible to use 16-bit DLLs for someone who's quite familiar with
Lingo. This does not mean that all users can use all DLLs, however. Also,
not all 16-bit DLLs can be so used... string buffers, drawing areas,
things such as these are sticking points... best as straightahead function
calls.

What's the context? Are you creating the multimedia piece yourself?
Intending to sell to others? Or perhaps doing a custom project? All of
these would be different situations.

And what's the function? May be simpler to do it in Director itself,
depending on what the actual function is.

attained.

jd

.
  John Dowdell                ||   Public forums have first claim on
  Macromedia Tech Support     ||   support time -- I cannot sustainably
  San Francisco CA            ||   respond to private email, sorry.

            Macromedia European User Conference and Exhibition
              December 4-6 1996, Amsterdam, +44 1344 458600
    (New Streaming Bitmaps in Shockwave... details at macromedia.com)

1. ******Director 5.0 PC from Director 4.0.4 MAc Question- Any Help!*******

I am currnently developing a interactive disk for a design house.
 A number of problems are emerging can anyone provide some input?
1.Interface in Dir 5.0 ends up being around the 900k mark unlike the 4.0.4
interface that is 475k. What gives?
2.When importing JPEGS to Dir 5.0 PC my screen resolution goes to shit
even after converting images to transform bitmap.
I continuously get a problem writing to file error when trying to save
changes to images. Why?
Could it be because Dir is attempting to change 32 bit images to 8bit.
It is imperative that I use JPEGS as there are 32 images. Using Pict
format would make the projector too large if imbedded in score, Also
liking to file would require 7 disks, not what the client wants to go
through/.
Also everytimne I attempt to import a compuserve gif(my only other option)
I recieve a
Gif file import filter error. Why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Stefan.P.GIllard

2. Ink Cartridges 70% off

3. Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

4. DirectX

5. Director 5.0 to director 4.0

6. web page cannot be saved to the selected location

7. Access code for Director CD in "Official Macromedia Director Studio" book?

8. unable to delete autocomplete form data

9. director 4 to director 7

10. export director movie to avi in Director 4.0

11. director 4.0 to director 5.0 conversion

12. Director help...linked Director movies

13. Director 5 Performace Questions