Efficient Video Email Format?

Post by Ivo Wel » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

another country.  Basically, I want a uni0drectional, delayed video-phone.
This also means I do not need real time compression.

AVI, however, seems to produce files that are very large---about
20-40KBytes/second.  I have seen video phones that work (albeit poorly), so I
should be able to work with 3KB/second, and certainly with 6KB/second.

Is there a better format?

--

Assoc Prof of Finance           Anderson GSM at UCLA
        110 Westwood Plaza, Box 951481, LA CA 90095-1481

1. Portable efficient MIME audio format wanted

Is it just me, or is there no portable, efficient audio/* format for MIME?
I tried using audio/basic but discovered that u-law audio tends to break
MS-Windoze stuff. I could use audio/wav, but that is so inefficient that
it results in huge mail messages.

I'd really like to use something like ADPCM. Does anybody know of an
ADPCM-like format with free players available  across platforms (Sun, PC,
Mac)? (Even better --- CELP)

Or how about a suggestion for an audio/basic (raw u-law) helper app for
MS-Windoze browsers? The ones I've tried so far seem to want the AU header.

Other advice/flames welcome.

--
73 de KD3BJ SK ..                              http://www.jtan.com/chris

2. IP address?

3. Efficient transfer of video from VCR to DVD

4. System restore won't

5. Help me Converting WMV (windows media video format) in Mov (quick time format) or AVI

6. Scheduled Task not working

7. How I choose Video Format and Size in Video capture filter

8. Counter Strike wont says cant connect but im on a DSL connection that is always

9. How to convert digital video camera cartrige video into avi format?

10. No video - just audio on ALL video formats

11. I can't change formats (such as video.wmv to video.mpeg2)

12. *Highly efficient cash systems for multi-media*

13. authoring tools - easy to use + efficient?