Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool

Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool

Post by Chris Cowle » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:11:57

I had this problem whith my Dual 600 while watching DVDs in Win2k. It turned
out to be the software decoder (PowerDVD) not the processors - it is fine
now I have started using Cinemaster Software

You don't state what your doing, but maybe it is a similar problem.

I heard that Standard CPU monitoring tools, such as Microsoft Performance
Monitor, cannot precisely measure the CPU load of the encoder because they
are
not able to show the instantaneous CPU peaks that last just a few
milliseconds.
Although I'm using a dual PIII800 computer, it seems to be losing frames.
Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool that can measure the CPU
load
of the encoder?

    Thanks in advance.

Sung.

Post by Sung W. Yan » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:48:51

I heard that Standard CPU monitoring tools, such as Microsoft Performance
Monitor, cannot precisely measure the CPU load of the encoder because they are
not able to show the instantaneous CPU peaks that last just a few milliseconds.
Although I'm using a dual PIII800 computer, it seems to be losing frames.
Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool that can measure the CPU load
of the encoder?

    Thanks in advance.

Sung.

Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool

Post by Sung W. Yan » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:36:22

It sounds like you are recommanding me to try another program.
But I have to use the MS Windows Media Encoder.
I'm using my computer to capture fast motions within 320 x 240 pixels and 15f/s.
(200kbps bandwidth)
When the pictures move really fast, the frames fall.
MS recommands a dual PIII 1000's w/512RDRAM, since I'm using a dual PIII 800
w/128MB RAM, I might be lacking CPU power.(WME doesn't requires much memory, does
it?)
I'm considering using a dual PIII Xeon 866.
But, before I upgrade my computer, I want to know how much CPU power I really
need.
So, once again can you recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool that can measure
the CPU load of the encoder?
Any help will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Sung.

I had this problem whith my Dual 600 while watching DVDs in Win2k. It turned
out to be the software decoder (PowerDVD) not the processors - it is fine
now I have started using Cinemaster Software

You don't state what your doing, but maybe it is a similar problem.

I heard that Standard CPU monitoring tools, such as Microsoft Performance
Monitor, cannot precisely measure the CPU load of the encoder because they
are
not able to show the instantaneous CPU peaks that last just a few
milliseconds.
Although I'm using a dual PIII800 computer, it seems to be losing frames.
Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool that can measure the CPU
load
of the encoder?

    Thanks in advance.

Sung.

.

1. Can anyone recommend good clip music?

Hi,

We would like to offer a clip music service to clients who don't want to
commission. Can anyone recommend any CD-ROMs we can buy in, preferrably
ready made for multimedia - not standard music library CD DA.

Your opinions will be highly valued.

Cheers,

Paul

tel.  +71 377 6294        Digital Nomads *** hyperkickin' CD-i
fax. +71 377 6297        Buried Dreams   *** ambient dub echoes

***************Interactive Music and Media*************

2. Rebooting In MS-DOS MODE/C PROMPT

3. can anyone recommend a good reg cleaner for xp pro?

4. Windows xp pro installed by mistake and need to uninstall, how??

5. Can anyone recommend a good TCP/IP sdk for NT

6. What are the responsabilities of a network administrator??

7. Anyone Recommend good virus software for NT Servers ?

8. Stop motion with Movie Maker possible only with patience...

9. Anyone recommend a good/cheap TCPIP 95 / 98 packet decoder

10. Can anyone recommend a good school in Los Angeles for the MSCE track?

11. Can anyone recommend a good FTP/emulator package?

12. Can anyone recommend a good Woidows 95 book?

13. Can anyone recommend good backup software