How can I change the sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control?

How can I change the sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control?

Post by Thomas Staudt » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:37:19

Has anybody got an idea on how to change the sample rate and bits when
recording audio from the microphone input using the MCI control? I have a
small VB program like this:

    MMControl1.DeviceType = "WaveAudio"
    MMControl1.FileName = "test.wav"
    MMControl1.RecordMode = mciRecordOverwrite
    MMControl1.Command = "Open"
    MMControl1.Command = "Record"
    MsgBox "Click OK when finished"
    MMControl1.Command = "Stop"
    MMControl1.Command = "Save"
    MMControl1.Command = "Close"

However, I haven't figured out how to control bits, sample rate, channels,
etc. I always end up with a mono wav file, 88kbit/s, 8bit, 11kHz.

Can someone, please, help me change the recording parameters?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Thomas Staudte

1. Adjust sample rates etc when recording audio through MCI control

I'm recording audio from the microphone input using the MCI control using a
small VB program like this:

    MMControl1.DeviceType = "WaveAudio"
    MMControl1.FileName = "test.wav"
    MMControl1.RecordMode = mciRecordOverwrite
    MMControl1.Command = "Open"
    MMControl1.Command = "Record"
    MsgBox "Click OK when finished"
    MMControl1.Command = "Stop"
    MMControl1.Command = "Save"
    MMControl1.Command = "Close"

However, I haven't figured out how to control bits, sample rate, channels,
etc. I always end up with a mono wav file, 88kbit/s, 8bit, 11kHz.

Can someone, please, help me change the recording parameters?

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Thomas Staudte

2. Professor Multimedia

3. Screenreader won't read contents of frames

4. Help removing system commander

5. Changing audio sample rate in MCI API

6. Catching ENTER in dialog′s listbox

7. Set recording of audio to a sample rate of 8 khz or 16 khz

8. HELP! MCI and SAMPLING RATE

9. URGENT! - SAMPLING RATE AND MCI

10. RECORDING SAMPLING RATE

11. recording mono speech analog input at lowest possible bit/sample rate