Video Codec - windows media video 9

Post by just want to see the vide » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:52:44

I just want to watch the Tour de France, but TPTB at OLN decided to
release their daily clips of tour coverage in the WMP 9 audio & video
codec format...so even though I downloaded the software that they
suggust for playback, I am unable to see anything, I can hear it, but no
video...

does anyone know of a work around that will get a .asf file formated in
WMP av 9, to play on OS 10.2.6  ?????

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by jekit » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:37:15

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I just want to watch the Tour de France, but TPTB at OLN
decided to
>release their daily clips of tour coverage in the WMP 9
audio & video
>codec format...so even though I downloaded the software
that they
>suggust for playback, I am unable to see anything, I can
hear it, but no
>video...

>does anyone know of a work around that will get a .asf
file formated in
>WMP av 9, to play on OS 10.2.6  ?????

>.

Video Codec - windows media video 9

Post by brianr » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:43:14

http://tdf.olntv.com/ has now release the files in quicktime.

Jaguar comes with Quicktime, but if not http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Quote:> I just want to watch the Tour de France, but TPTB at OLN decided to

Post by Corentin Cras-Méne » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 04:48:01

> > i need windows media codec to play avi in a mac player

> what system version ?

You might even be able to play avi movies without WMP. GIve a try to VLC
http://www.videolan.org/

        Corentin

--
 - Mac MVP (Francophone) -

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp
http://www.microsoft.com/FRANCE/Support/home/Newsgroup.Asp

1. Codec Problem - Only get sound no video all codecs (Windows 2000, Media Player 7.0)

Hello,

    Just upgraded a Windows 2000 machine to media player 7.0 and now I have
lost the ability to see video in mediaplayer.  I have tried several videos
using various codecs (cinepak, MS Video, Uncompressed full frame, MPEG-4
(v1,2,&3)).  I have also tried local, server, and streaming files.  I get
the same response to all.  The graphics card on the system is a Matrox G100
MMS card.  Everything worked fine before the upgrade with Media Player 6.4.
I ahve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, etc... and always get the same
thing.  No matching codec found.  (Also I tried the same files on a Win 98
machine and they work perfectly with that media player 7.0).

Any help would be great,

--
Jason R. Dziegielewski
Educational Software Designer

2. Service Pack 1a

3. codec: Windows Media Video 9 in windows moviemaker 2

4. Ipod / Itunes Problems with XP - SUCKS!

5. Apple LaserWriter on PC only printing ASCII

6. Windows Media Player, No Video and the DivX Codec

7. NNTP-Posting-Host

8. Need help with Windows Media Audio and Video Codec Interfaces

9. Updated Windows Media Audio and Video Codec Interfaces Documentation now available

10. windows media video codec 7

11. Help - Windows Media Video V7 codec pegging my cpu

12. How to develop a video codec compatible with Windows Media Technology?