Director 5.0 to director 4.0

Post by ANDY GROGA » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

Is it possible to produce director 5.0 movies on the mac, then
convert them with director 4.0 on windows or do I have to upgrade
everything?

Director 5.0 to director 4.0

Post by Dr. Dieg » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

> Is it possible to produce director 5.0 movies on the mac, then
> convert them with director 4.0 on windows or do I have to upgrade
> everything?

You have to also upgrade your Director/Windows to 5.0. If you try to
open a 5.0 movie using Director 4.0/Windows, you will get a message
saying "file too new".

Dr. D.

1. director 4.0 to director 5.0 conversion

I've developed a set of movies in director 4.0 which act as a frontend
in an information kiosk. I want to convert them to director 5.0 but have
had some problems. Specifically the "play movie" command seems to behave
differently in 5.0. Part of the system reads a list of movie names from
a file, then plays them in a loop until interrupted. Using "play movie"
works fine in 4.0 but not in 5.0 (it plays the first movie then hangs).
I've read the notes about changes in director 5.0 but they don't seem to
cover this. I can probably change to code to get round the problem, but
its made me a bit nervous about moving to 5.0. Has anyone experienced
similar problems converting from 4.0 to 5.0 ?
--
Nick Chapman

2. Re : hlp plz

3. ******Director 5.0 PC from Director 4.0.4 MAc Question- Any Help!*******

4. Urgent: Question about Authentication Sample included with Windows Media Services

5. export director movie to avi in Director 4.0

6. cd-imager that is capable of burning AOEII

7. Macromedia Director 5.0 on win NT 4.0 problem (fileio, Kernel32.dll)

8. Netscape 2.0 B4 / windows 95 mail problem

9. Director 4.0/Freehand 5.0

10. Macromedia Director 5.0 on win NT 4.0 problem (fileio, Kernel32.dll)

11. Director 4.0 / 5.0: One more thing....

12. Converting PC Director 5 to Mac Director 4

13. Director Question by Director Outsider