Possible to minimize WMP to Systray?

Post by Troy Murra » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:03:08

Is it possible to minimize the Windows Media Player to the Systray like
Winamp?  I don't see an option but I might have missed something.

TIA,

-T

Possible to minimize WMP to Systray?

Post by Jeff Woiton [M » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 05:20:27

I think there may be third-party shareware apps that will allow you to place programs in the System
Tray if you really really want to, or you can just add it to the Quick Launch toolbar in Windows.

--------------------

Subject: Possible to minimize WMP to Systray?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:03:08 -0500

Is it possible to minimize the Windows Media Player to the Systray like
Winamp?  I don't see an option but I might have missed something.

TIA,

-T

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your
use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I regret that I cannot reply to you if you email me directly.  It is better that you post your question back
to the newsgroup - more people will see your question and be able to offer help, and to learn from it
as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online resources for support:

TechNet --for IT Professionals and Administrators: http://technet.microsoft.com

MSDN -- a great resource for developers: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28000411.

Assisted Support

Support information for Windows Media Player and the other downloadable Windows Media
technologies (not including the Windows Media Resource Kit, which is not supported) is available
through Microsoft Product Support Services. To get your latest support options, go to Microsoft
Product Support Services.

Mailing Lists and Newsgroups

Microsoft provides a mailing list and newsgroup for you to provide feedback on this release.

For more information about mailing lists and newsgroups, visit
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/newsgroups/topi...
files/028/201/118/topic.xml.

 Peer discussion on Microsoft-sponsored mailing lists and newsgroups
A Microsoft-sponsored public list server e-mail discussion group offers peer-based support.

blank and for the message text, type "SUBSCRIBE WMTALK your name". For example:

SUBSCRIBE WMTALK John Doe

line blank and for the message text, type "SIGNOFF WMTALK".

Several Microsoft-sponsored newsgroups offer peer-based support on Windows Media
Technologies:

microsoft.public.windowsmedia.technologies
microsoft.public.windowsmedia.technologies.rightsmanager

For more information about how to read newsgroups, visit
http://support.microsoft.com/support/news/howto/.

 Reporting bugs by e-mail

bug reporting only. General product support is not available via this process.

Include the following information in your bug report:

Product name and date obtained.
System information: type of machine, processor, amount of RAM, video card, sound device, video
capture device, etc.
Operating system.
A concise 1-sentence description of the problem.
A verbose description of the problem.
Details or steps to reproduce the problem.
Full contact information, if follow up is necessary.

Possible to minimize WMP to Systray?

Post by zachd [ms » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:40:26

Quote:> Is it possible to minimize the Windows Media Player to the Systray like
> Winamp?  I don't see an option but I might have missed something.

Use TrayIt!, a freeware app.  WMP doesn't natively support minimization to
the Tray, but TrayIt! works for any app.
    http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some generally helpful WMP
info.