Intervideo add-ins

Post by Matt » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:44:51

Today, I finally decided to purchase the MP3 add-in for
Media Player from Intervideo.  When prompted on whether I
wanted to get the MP3 pack, the DVD add-in, or both, I
chose the MP3 only since my DVD works fine.  After
installing the add-in, my DVD or the TV on my media
center no longer worked.

The only way that I could correct this was to purchase
the full add-in pack.  What a waste of time and money.
Beware if you decide to purchase the MP3 encoder that the
system is prompting you to buy!

Matt

Intervideo add-ins

Post by Jason Tsan » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:46:32

Did you try to reinstall WinDVD from the recovery console?

That should have worked....

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

Quote:> Today, I finally decided to purchase the MP3 add-in for
> Media Player from Intervideo.  When prompted on whether I
> wanted to get the MP3 pack, the DVD add-in, or both, I
> chose the MP3 only since my DVD works fine.  After
> installing the add-in, my DVD or the TV on my media
> center no longer worked.

> The only way that I could correct this was to purchase
> the full add-in pack.  What a waste of time and money.
> Beware if you decide to purchase the MP3 encoder that the
> system is prompting you to buy!

> Matt

Intervideo add-ins

Post by LT » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:13:23

I had an impression that Media Player can rip into MP3
format. Isn't it so?

Intervideo add-ins

Post by Jason Tsan » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:25:13

By default, it won't
.
You'll have to have your own encoder (as WinXP and its variants don't
include this file by default)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

> I had an impression that Media Player can rip into MP3
> format. Isn't it so?

Intervideo add-ins

Post by Luis A. Burgo » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:56:40

Matt,

i purchased the XPack only, and it didn't*up my system.  something
must have gone wrong there. the whole pack was not needed.

Luis

Quote:> Today, I finally decided to purchase the MP3 add-in for
> Media Player from Intervideo.  When prompted on whether I
> wanted to get the MP3 pack, the DVD add-in, or both, I
> chose the MP3 only since my DVD works fine.  After
> installing the add-in, my DVD or the TV on my media
> center no longer worked.

> The only way that I could correct this was to purchase
> the full add-in pack.  What a waste of time and money.
> Beware if you decide to purchase the MP3 encoder that the
> system is prompting you to buy!

> Matt

1. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources

We just launched a new resource on Microsoft.com\windowsmedia called
"Add-Ins and Resources" today.  This is where you can find 3rd party apps
and cool stuff that includes skins, 3rd party apps and many more resources:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/coolstuff/default.asp

If you have suggestions for other listings, please post them here and I'll
do my best to get them covered.

Thanks
Sean

--
Sean Alexander
Tech. Product Manager- Windows Media Player

2. dial-up networking: doesn't recognize busy signal

3. Digital Audio DLL's or Add-Ins

4. Change font-size in an IDC_STATIC only

5. Removing unwanted browser add-ins

6. virtuagirl for xp?????????

7. browser add-ins

8. CD burner

9. 4.7, add-ins and unable to access hotmail

10. Add-ins for Windows Messenger

11. Previous IE add-ins

12. New Resource: Add-ins and Resources

13. Pocket outlook add-ins