Internal Error??

Post by Dan » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:53:39

When I try to run wmplayer, on windows xp, I get this message, "An Internal
Application error has occurred."  The program never loads and I have already
tried to reinstall the program.  What else can I do?  Thanks.

Internal Error??

Post by Franc » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 06:52:18

> When I try to run wmplayer, on windows xp, I get this message, "An Internal
> Application error has occurred."  The program never loads and I have already
> tried to reinstall the program.  What else can I do?  Thanks.

Hello,

we had this same problem described in many posts: message "An Internal
Application error has occurred." when trying to launch Windows Media
Player (on Windows 98).

WMP worked fine until recently; in fact until we uninstalled the
drivers of an old sound card and installed the drivers of a new one
(at least, it is the last event we have identified before the problem
arose).

As suggested in many posts and web sites, we tried to install again
WMP (WMP 7.1), or uninstall it and reinstall it; we also checked that
Internet was with a recent version (IE6); to no avail.

Finally, before considering more drastic actions, we reinstalled
DirectX (having noticed some error messages referring to it) and then
reinstalled WMP 7.1: everything is now OK again.