wma Streaming Content Will NOT Stream

Post by Rob » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:35:57

I design websites for a living.

I create streaming content for QT, RP and WMP using
Cleaner 5 on a G4 running 10.1. Of these three, WMP
is an absolute pain in the arse to work with.

I offer my users a choice between players. I am
SERIOUSLY thinking about dropping WMP from my list
of options.

I cannot get my .wma files to stream. Rather, the files
download entirely before they play. I have adjusted my
JavaScript to autostart the files -- still no streaming.

QuickTime works with absolutely no effort, and
RealPlayer is also plug-n-play. Why does MS continue
to make our lives so difficult.

Get a clue Bill. Steve Jobs is, once again, dancing
circles around the inferior OS (and its components).

wma Streaming Content Will NOT Stream

Post by Jim Gordo » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:41:18

Hi

Have you tried contacting Microsoft support services? They may be able to
put you in touch with someone who knows the ropes with WMP for Mac.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

Find Mcintosh experts in your hometown. Join a user group:
http://www.microsoft.com/mindshare/default.asp
http://www.apple.com/usergroups/

----------

> I design websites for a living.

> I create streaming content for QT, RP and WMP using
> Cleaner 5 on a G4 running 10.1. Of these three, WMP
> is an absolute pain in the arse to work with.

> I offer my users a choice between players. I am
> SERIOUSLY thinking about dropping WMP from my list
> of options.

> I cannot get my .wma files to stream. Rather, the files
> download entirely before they play. I have adjusted my
> JavaScript to autostart the files -- still no streaming.

> QuickTime works with absolutely no effort, and
> RealPlayer is also plug-n-play. Why does MS continue
> to make our lives so difficult.

> Get a clue Bill. Steve Jobs is, once again, dancing
> circles around the inferior OS (and its components).

1. How to know if the stream is an Audio (wma) or Video (wmv) stream ?

I am using vmvcopy source code, I modified the code to get uncompressed
samples by passing FALSE to the method above:
hr = pReaderAdvanced->SetReceiveStreamSamples( wStreamNumber, FALSE);

So I get the samples in OnSample.
And there I need to know what type of sample I have Audio only (wma) or
AudioVideo (wmv).

2. multiple monitors

3. how to combine video stream and audio stream into DV stream ?

4. Security exposure Internet Explorer v6 sp1

5. How do I decompress wmv stream not from file or network, but from my own stream?

6. Netscape 1.2 and background colors

7. NT cache - slow loading?

8. MSIE 5.x streaming - Netscpae 4.x not streaming

9. WMA not playing streams

10. WMA files not streaming

11. - WMA not streaming... WHY?

12. How to join Audio & Video streams into one MPEG stream ?