1. Seeking Video/Movie PDA/PocketPC Comments
My name is David Noack and I'm a technology correspondent with
Investor's Business Daily newspaper.
I am working on a story about PDA's (Pocket PC's and Palms) and
movies/videos, films, trailers, etc., where the users of these
portable devices can download and take movies/videos with them on the
road or wherever. Since PDA's are becoming more powerful in terms of
CPU, memory and screen resolution, it would stand to reason that this
is a growing market.
The story will appear in a section called "Computers Made Plain" which
tell readers some things they can do with their computers and
expanding role of other digital devices.
I would like to get some comments about the overall market for
movies/videos on PDA's, whether there is even a market for this, how
does a company make money from this, (selling a movie, ads, etc)
whether the technolgy (of the PDA) is truly there to create a demand
for this kind of thing.
Here are some questions for your consideration. The questions are
aimed at a couple of different audiences, so answer what you can,
whether you are a viewer or developer.
1. Tell me a little bit about the movies you provide/made/view on a
2. Is providing movies to PDA users just a natural extension of
laptops getting DVD drives where movies can be played?
3. Does the success of such PDA movies depend a lot on the state of
PDA technology, the better PDA's are, the more that people will also
want to use them for entertainment rather than for strictly a
4. How is the quality of PDA movies and how is the movie made to fit
on a PDA? What kind of conversion process occurs and does a movie run
in its entire length on a move? How does that effect battery life? I
would imagine a lot of compression must take place.
5. Since many of the films are theatrical, are there also independent
individuals who also make movies and that content is then distrubuted
by you or similar companies/businesses? It would seem that most anyone
-- with the right equipment -- can make movies for the small screen.
6. What does the future hold for movies on PDA's? Can we expect more
and can the product be expanded to include television shows, news,
Please feel free to elaborate and to include something that I missed
in my questions.
Also, please include your name, tile, company name, (whether public or
private) and location (city/state) will do. If you are a user of these
movies, all I need is your name, location and what PocketPC you have.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Investor's Business Daily
2. Transcender TCP/IP 4.0 tests wanted
3. Seeking Video/Movie PocketPC/PDA Story Comments
4. How to enable "write to cd"
5. Seeking Comments on CompuPic
6. Standby Grayed out
7. Author seeks comments on WinXP (good/bad)
8. CHKDSK Log?
9. Comments sought: HP DVD100i DVD+RW drive
10. Seeking comments on TCP/IP dev. toolkits
11. Seeking OS Upgrade Comments
12. Seeking Windows OS Upgrade Comments/Experiences
13. Seeking OS Upgrade Comments