second clip freaky screen blackouts with media player 7

second clip freaky screen blackouts with media player 7

Post by Doug » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:02:14

When I use the latest version of media player (downloaded from MS web site)
I eventually get a blank screen and a frozen computer. The first sound bite
usually plays, then the second one freezes.

I can play regular local midi files, but not CDs. Right after it plays a
midi file and I insert a CD and ask it to play it (after it displays the
play list) it will say there is no sound card.

Very strange behaviour. It is a win98se machine with an on-board sound card.
Same error with a PCI sound card.

ANy thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Doug

1. Windows Media Player 9 Blackout

Every time I play a video file (mpg, mpeg, avi, whatever) Windows Media
Player 9 plays the visuals for a moment or two, then goes black.  The sound
continues to play, but WMP stubbornly remains blacked-out.

It's like there's an Air Raid Warden running around my machine . . .  Help
would be greatly appreciated!

Mr S

2. Can't make OE6 my email default.

3. Two media player instances and two soundcards

4. Info: Web3D Repository updates 2002-04-01

5. Second Video in SMIL: Osama BinLaden video Clip by SMIL player

6. Keyboard trouble

7. Blank movie clips in windows media player 9.0

8. XP or W2K

9. How to embed media player to html file to play multiple video clip files

10. Check out video clips for windows media player

11. Media player launches URL after playing video clip

12. Media Player does not play avi video clips

13. Erratic Media Player Clips