DVI file formats and other formats

Post by Mark Morri » Thu, 19 Nov 1992 07:43:42

I would like to know if there are any utilities that will convert
ActionMedia II file formats and other common picture formats. For example,
if I want to convert a 9 bit DVI still image into a TIFF, PICT, BMP (any
flavour), what do I use and where would I get it?

Mark.

DVI file formats and other formats

Post by Andrew Patri » Thu, 26 Nov 1992 00:49:40

Quote:>I would like to know if there are any utilities that will convert
>ActionMedia II file formats and other common picture formats. For example,
>if I want to convert a 9 bit DVI still image into a TIFF, PICT, BMP (any
>flavour), what do I use and where would I get it?

>Mark.

The DOS Utilities that are available for the ActionMedia II boards
includes a program called "vimcvt" that will convert images created by
the ActionMedia boards.

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Communications Research Centre, Ottawa, CANADA

  For a good time, run "telnet debra.dgbt.doc.ca" and login as "chat".

Post by Mark Morri » Thu, 26 Nov 1992 07:48:52

> >I would like to know if there are any utilities that will convert
> >ActionMedia II file formats and other common picture formats. For example,
> >if I want to convert a 9 bit DVI still image into a TIFF, PICT, BMP (any
> >flavour), what do I use and where would I get it?

> >Mark.

> The DOS Utilities that are available for the ActionMedia II boards
> includes a program called "vimcvt" that will convert images created by
> the ActionMedia boards.

> --
> Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Communications Research Centre, Ottawa, CANADA

>   For a good time, run "telnet debra.dgbt.doc.ca" and login as "chat".

I have IBM's ActionMedia II Developer's Toolkit for OS/2. There is no
mention of vimcvt. I have heard about vimcvt from other sources (since the
org. posting), but I can not find it mentioned in any of the archies that I
have searched. I am also waiting for Intel to call back from their support
line.

Is the program available on any host that I can get into?

Mark.

DVI file formats and other formats

Post by Andrew Patri » Fri, 27 Nov 1992 12:26:30

Quote:>I have IBM's ActionMedia II Developer's Toolkit for OS/2. There is no
>mention of vimcvt. I have heard about vimcvt from other sources (since the
>org. posting), but I can not find it mentioned in any of the archies that I
>have searched. I am also waiting for Intel to call back from their support
>line.

>Is the program available on any host that I can get into?

>Mark.

As I said, "vimcvt" is part of the DOS utilities for ActionMedia.

Since Intel charges $'s for those utilities, I doubt you will find
them in any archive site.