Uninstalling Media Player 9 and Installing Media Player 7.1

Uninstalling Media Player 9 and Installing Media Player 7.1

Post by guag » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:06:10

Is there any problems regarding uninstalling Media Player
9 and installing/downgrading it to Media Player 7.1?

Ever since I got Media Player 9 there has been a number of
issues such as full screen not working, or it not saving
the brightness/gamma settings, and it just doesnt work for
me like 7.1 did. Its not a driver or hardware issue, i
posted about that earlier... its the program itself. So
basically i have decided it would be best to go back to
WMP 7.1.

And basically i would like to uninstall it, and install,
or downgrade it to version 7.1... so i wondering if there
would be any problems doing that?

--> Such as, should i simply run the install file for WMP
7.1 and i wouldnt have any problems installing?
--> OR if i have to uninstall WMP 9 FIRST than install
7.1, if so - how would i uninstall WMP 9? - through
the "ADD/REMOVE Windows Components" and uncheck the media
player, than run the WMP 7.1 installation?

Thanx.

Uninstalling Media Player 9 and Installing Media Player 7.1

Post by zachd [ms » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:34:35

Your last "OR" is correct.  :)

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

Quote:> Is there any problems regarding uninstalling Media Player