h.323 codec for WM encoder

Post by Paul Stratt » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there is an h.323 codec that can be used with the
Windows Media Encoder. I would like have more real-time, interactive video
for things like video conferencing - I cannot tolerate the long buffering of
the MPG4 encoding.
Thanks,
Paul

h.323 codec for WM encoder

Post by jay ce » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

oh... would that such a thing could be possible!  Seems EVERYONE wants to do
"teleconferencing" on the cheap with these free tools.... alas, tho.. they
certainly don't lend themselves to that very well.  Has less to do with not
using H.323 than some other issues revolving around optimization for flakey
and intermittent internet traffic in general... LOTS of buffering = major
reliability CYA.

J.

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is an h.323 codec that can be used with the
> Windows Media Encoder. I would like have more real-time, interactive video
> for things like video conferencing - I cannot tolerate the long buffering
of
> the MPG4 encoding.
> Thanks,
> Paul

h.323 codec for WM encoder

Post by alex17.. » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Paul,

Try using FocusFocus.com's software.  Their codec is proprietary and it
can traverse the firewalls through just one port.  I have found their
video conferencing interface to be fast and easy.  Check them out at
www.focusfocus.com.  Good Luck

-Alex

Quote:

> Does anyone know if there is an h.323 codec that can be used with the
> Windows Media Encoder. I would like have more real-time, interactive
video
> for things like video conferencing - I cannot tolerate the long
buffering of
> the MPG4 encoding.
> Thanks,
> Paul

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

h.323 codec for WM encoder

Post by jsantag.. » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

You can intergrate Netshow encoder with our solutions.
http://www.zydacron.com