WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by Filippon » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:03:29

Odd problem with Media Player.

It rarely works fine, and mostly produces sound that - although clear -
is totally swamped by a loud and rythmic "rraarrraarraarraarraa.." that
goes on forever and may be in step with incoming packets.

I use win98, and already tried multiple reinstalls of both 6.4 and 7,
to no avail.

Any clues?

TIA

Filippo

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by blah » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:34:23

sounds like you're picking up some kind of UFO transmission?

ROFL. Sorry, only joking, couldn't resist...............

> Odd problem with Media Player.

> It rarely works fine, and mostly produces sound that - although clear -
> is totally swamped by a loud and rythmic "rraarrraarraarraarraa.." that
> goes on forever and may be in step with incoming packets.

> I use win98, and already tried multiple reinstalls of both 6.4 and 7,
> to no avail.

> Any clues?

> TIA

> Filippo

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by Filippon » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 23:36:16

Don't dare mention the darn aliens!

I haven't even solved the simpler problem and you already remind me of
their constant nagging and complaining about earth weather, their
endless, repetitive, and rambling questions, their boring, noisy and
convoluted trinary metadigital mindstreams, their terrible belching and
flatulence, not to mention all the disgusting parasites, candy wrappers
and carpet stains they leave behind every thime they visit . . .

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by blah » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:26:04

ROFLMAO Good response!

> Don't dare mention the darn aliens!

> I haven't even solved the simpler problem and you already remind me of
> their constant nagging and complaining about earth weather, their
> endless, repetitive, and rambling questions, their boring, noisy and
> convoluted trinary metadigital mindstreams, their terrible belching and
> flatulence, not to mention all the disgusting parasites, candy wrappers
> and carpet stains they leave behind every thime they visit . . .

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by blah » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:29:10

Have you used any other kind of media player like RealPlayer?

Find out if you get the same problem.

If you don't, I'm guessing that your WMP if up the duff! Calls for
re-install.
(or all the files you are trying to play are corrupt!)

> Don't dare mention the darn aliens!

> I haven't even solved the simpler problem and you already remind me of
> their constant nagging and complaining about earth weather, their
> endless, repetitive, and rambling questions, their boring, noisy and
> convoluted trinary metadigital mindstreams, their terrible belching and
> flatulence, not to mention all the disgusting parasites, candy wrappers
> and carpet stains they leave behind every thime they visit . . .

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by Filippon » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:05:05

RA Player works fine.

I reinstalled WMP at least three times, both in version 7 and 6.4
(which I prefer because it lets you store favorites).

That's why I find this problem so annoying!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

WMP 6.4 & 7 mysterious rattle!

Post by blah » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:09:46

Just read another article on WMP with a site that looks quite good.

You might find something helpful here :

http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#offline

I'n not sure what the problem is but it sounds like it might be getting
down to driver/codec level.

> RA Player works fine.

> I reinstalled WMP at least three times, both in version 7 and 6.4
> (which I prefer because it lets you store favorites).

> That's why I find this problem so annoying!

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. MBR streams & WMP 6.4

Just curious, has anyone been able to get the highest quality bitrate
on a multiple bitrate stream to work with WMP 6.4? For some reason,
whenever a WMP 6.4 client or a client that uses WMP 9's Netscape
plugin (which apparently uses the WMP 6.4 control even though it is
WMP 9), the lowest quality stream is always selected. How do I fix
this? Works fine in IE.

2. address book

3. WMP 6.4 & .MIDI = "The format is not supported."

4. A:\ drive no longer works properly

5. 3 short questions about embedding WMP using 6.4 & 7.x version controls.

6. SHDOC401.DLL

7. WMP 6.4 & ASX files ???

8. downloading pics

9. WMP 6.4 locks with IE 5.5 & Win95 -- why?

10. WMP 6.4 & codecs help

11. WMP 6.4 Features in WMP 9

12. WMP 9 not working with WMP 6.4 clsID

13. WMP 7 install over WMP 6.4?