media player freezes (xp version of media player)

media player freezes (xp version of media player)

Post by rrskyla » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 02:40:19

Can't get media player to play audio or video files from the net, media
player says I must connect to the internet, although I am connected.  Media
player also freezes!  Had no problems up until a week ago.

media player freezes (xp version of media player)

Post by Mike Beckerman [ms » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 02:59:57

What's changed then since it was last working properly?  Regarding the
connection problems, you might look at
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#offline and see if that help you
out.

Quote:> Can't get media player to play audio or video files from the net, media
> player says I must connect to the internet, although I am connected.
Media
> player also freezes!  Had no problems up until a week ago.

1. Windows ME - Media Player 7.0 - Dialog Open freezes Media Player

Whenever I try any action that opens a dialog box Windows Media Player
hangs.  I have to kill through the Task Manager.  For example File->Add to
Library->Add File... and I just get an hour glass.  All other functionality
seems to work fine.  I have tried a reinstall of Windows Media Player 7.0
from the MS download site and also a complete reinstall of Windows ME.  No
luck with either.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete

2. eVC 3, ADOCE addNew

3. Windows XP Plus! Media Player Voice Commands with Media Player 9 RC1

4. Subject: What does Windows XP Familly Edition stands for ?

5. Embedded Media Player Control show 6.4 but Media Player 7 installed?

6. Q: Can I change to pointer focus on Win3.1?

7. Media Player lost events on Windows2000 Media Player

8. OPEN GL ON XP

9. Media Player 7 databases in Media Player 8

10. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

11. I.E. and windows media player/media player

12. Uninstalling Media Player 9 and Installing Media Player 7.1

13. how to make Windows Media Player the default media player.