Says I Need "Media Rights Manager V7" compatibility

Says I Need "Media Rights Manager V7" compatibility

Post by Peter Sattl » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:41:43

I've hit this snag a few times now when downloading wma files.

The Player quits and I'm taken to a web page that says, "you need to
upgrade your media player to a version compatible with Windows Media
Rights Manager."  There's a link that takes me to a unhelpful list of
"Windows Media Software Product Vendors."

I've downloaded and reinstalled The Media Player for Mac OSX again,
but to no effect.  What are they talking about?

Says I Need "Media Rights Manager V7" compatibility

Post by Corentin Cras-Méne » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:05:42

        HI Peter,

Quote:> I've hit this snag a few times now when downloading wma files.

> The Player quits and I'm taken to a web page that says, "you need to
> upgrade your media player to a version compatible with Windows Media
> Rights Manager."  There's a link that takes me to a unhelpful list of
> "Windows Media Software Product Vendors."

> I've downloaded and reinstalled The Media Player for Mac OSX again,
> but to no effect.  What are they talking about?

As far as I know, it's one of the features of WMP 9 (right??). It simply
isn't available on the Mac yet but rumors mention that WMP9 is on its
way for MacOS X...

        Corentin

--
 - Mac MVP (Francophone) -