Help - What MM authoring tool to use ?

Post by Don Ronde » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone out there tell me what the best multimedia authoring
package is ? I have just been appointed to create interactive
publications for our products and would like to get some direction.
Basically, my requirements are:

Presentations should be interactive.
Presentations will include animation/movie files (FLI/AVI)
Presentations (in many cases) will be distributed on diskette(s)
therefore they should be self-running.
I am an engineer, not a programmer, so the learning curve should not
be too steep.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanx in advance.

Help - What MM authoring tool to use ?

Post by Laurence Smit » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Don,

Take a look at MiniCat ver 2.0 from Prostar Interactive Media works.
They specialize in single disk catalogs with incredible compression
schemes.  I recently bought it for about $300 but I haven't had a chance
to try it out yet.  The manual is good but doesn't show their WEB site
address.  They can be reached at (604) 273-4099 or you could search for
Prostar or MiniCat with the various WEB search engines.

Regards,

Laurence Smith

--
Laurence Smith