Downloading Listings

Post by McGuir » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:29:22

It works now! I recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500
and it comes with a firewall that you can enable or disable. I disabled it,
manually downloaded, and it worked.

Downloading Listings

Post by Jason Tsan » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:09:30

You shouldn't need to disable it.

I have mine enabled and downloads of the listings still work.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

Quote:> It works now! I recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500
> and it comes with a firewall that you can enable or disable. I disabled
> it,
> manually downloaded, and it worked.

Downloading Listings

Post by Chris H » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:22:26

I'd leave the firewall up, as Jason said.  I have the same setup with my
Media Center machines and four other computers, all connecting to DSL via
the MN-500.  With a couple exceptions (like during the Internet slowdown
from the Slammer) mine downloads the guide right about 8 a.m. every day.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

Quote:> It works now! I recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Base Station MN-500
> and it comes with a firewall that you can enable or disable. I disabled
it,
> manually downloaded, and it worked.

1. Windows CD Player can't download tracks listing any more

Hi !

I can't download my cd album tracks information from the internet via
Windows (win2000) cd player.
This has worked really fine weeks ago, but now it doesn't work anymore.
I want to have a CD Database of my CD's and the Windows (win2000) cd player
automatically create a mdb file which is normally accessable with other
programms.
And this is what I really need and want.

Does anybody know how I can fix the problem with the Windows (win2000) cd
player ?
Does anybody know where I can find another software cd player which can
download cd track information AND CAN ALSO EXPORT THE DATA TO A MDB FILE or
allow access to his locale CD database.

I know that media player can't do this.

Thanks for any hints
Andreas

2. help with java networking

3. TV GUIDE CHANNEL LISTINGS NOT DOWNLOADING

4. trouble with strmbasd.lib

5. Windows CD Player can't download tracks listing any more

6. Window Media Encoder Plug-In for Adobe Premiere

7. CD Player can't download track listings

8. Invisible Mouse Pointer

9. deleting listing of previous downloads

10. FTP Access problem: directory listing doesn't work, but downloading works.

11. OE6 - as newsreader, downloads, and downloads, and downloads,

12. Wrong Track Listing

13. Multimedia job listings