Job Offers, SW/GUI, WIN32, MPEG, San Jose Area

Job Offers, SW/GUI, WIN32, MPEG, San Jose Area

Post by Ed Marti » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Our company is currently staffing two projects involving MPEG video.

One project is an MPEG2 Encoding System, the second is an MPEG1 Network
Video Delivery System.  We are looking for two senior WIN32 GUI designers/
programmers.  Previous MPEG or digital video experience would be a plus,
as well as any of the following:

        - UNIX/X11 GUI
        - MS-DOS TCP/IP programming (WATTCP etc.)
        - UNIX TCP/IP programming
        - DOS device drivers
        - MPEG decoding
        - UNIX device drivers
        - SCSI device drivers
        - Linux kernel development
        - multi-lingual output (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
        - TI DSP
        - make, rcs/cvs, html

Interested persons should be available to work immediately
in Sunnyvale, CA (Silicon Valley) and legally in the US.  Full-time,
exempt candidates will receive health care benefits, and possible
relocation expenses.  Saying DVS is an equal opportunity employer would
be an understatement.

1. Job Offers, SW/HW/MGR/Tech, MPEG, TCP/IP, Unix, Windows, DOS, San Jose Area

Our company is currently staffing two projects involving MPEG video.

In addition to the two projects, we are looking for a general lab
technician to do prototype rework, build systems, obtain parts for
prototypes, and other general engineering support.

One project is an MPEG2 Encoding System.  We are looking for a Project
Lead/Manager, a Board-Level Hardware Designer, and two programmers.  All
should have previous MPEG encoding experience.  These positions require
at least two years of relevant experience.

The second project is a Network Video Delivery System.  Various levels of
experience will be considered for the three positions we have available.
These positions require recent experience with several of the following
disiplines, listed in order of importance:

        - MS-DOS TCP/IP programming (WATTCP etc.)
        - BC++ 4.0 GUI
        - UNIX TCP/IP programming
        - Windows GUI
        - DOS device drivers
        - MPEG decoding
        - UNIX device drivers
        - SCSI device drivers
        - Linux kernel development

Other desirable experience:

        - multi-lingual output (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
        - TI DSP
        - make, sccs, html
        - 68k embedded systems
        - 8051 assembly

Local students and recent graduates are encouraged to send a resume.
The positions must be filled before summer, so summer candidates need
not apply.  Interested persons should be available to work immediately
in Sunnyvale, CA (Silicon Valley) and legally in the US.  Full-time,
exempt candidates will receive health care benefits, and possible
relocation expenses.  Saying DVS is an equal opportunity employer would
be an understatement.

I prefer email resumes, postscript is ok.  If you must, fax your resume
to the attention of Ed Martini.  Our fax number is 408-732-8889.

Digital Video Systems is a privately held start-up company based in
Sunnyvale, CA.  We have 16 employees here, and 29 in our Taipei office.
We currently market two VideoCD products in Taiwan and China, and in
Korea our designs are licensed and sold by Hyundai Corp.  These two
products are a consumer single-disk VideoCD karaoke player, and a
commercial videoCD changer system.  In addition to these decoder
products, we also offer a complete line of turnkey MPEG encoding and
VideoCD authoring systems, and contract encoding services.

Ed Martini
Project Manager
Digital Video Systems
Sunnyvale, CA

2. User Setup - Locking out Bernie

3. Where to rent Video CDs in San Jose area?

4. New hardware found

5. JOB-San Jose, CA: Director of Quality Assurance

6. HELP...BLUE FILES

7. CONTRACT: Windows NT Developer in San Jose area

8. Picture stuck

9. CONTRACT: Windows NT Developer San Jose Area

10. MFC Classes in San Jose area

11. JOB: C++ Win/Mac SWEs, Education sw, San Diego CA, recruiter

12. JOB-San Fran Area

13. Job opportunity -San Diego Area (El Cajon)