MSDV.sys?

Post by Toan Hoa » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

I keep reading how you can use the msdv.sys to get and control from DV
camera, but how do you install that file?  I found the file in the
windows CD and extract it but I don't know how you install it?  How do
you get the direct show to recognize the Microsoft Video and VCR
filter?

MSDV.sys?

Post by Pascal Binggel » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

The codec is automatically installed when a DV camera is pluged and switched
on. When you unplugged the camera the file is also removed.

Quote:> I keep reading how you can use the msdv.sys to get and control from DV
> camera, but how do you install that file?  I found the file in the
> windows CD and extract it but I don't know how you install it?  How do
> you get the direct show to recognize the Microsoft Video and VCR
> filter?

MSDV.sys?

Post by Toan Hoa » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 4 May 2000 17:36:41 +0200, "Pascal Binggeli"

>The codec is automatically installed when a DV camera is pluged and switched
>on. When you unplugged the camera the file is also removed.

>> I keep reading how you can use the msdv.sys to get and control from DV
>> camera, but how do you install that file?  I found the file in the
>> windows CD and extract it but I don't know how you install it?  How do
>> you get the direct show to recognize the Microsoft Video and VCR
>> filter?

I guess I found out that the Sony VIAO instal it's own version of
driver sonydvcr.sys so I wasn't able to install the msdv.sys.  I had
to manually remove all entries in the registry so it would install the
msdv.sys instead.  It finally works.  Now, the program that comes with
the Sony VAIO can only get video but loses control with this driver.
Now, my question is:  How easy is it to install the msdv.sys driver
with messing with the registry?  I can't install both version because
the system can only recognize one or the other.  Is there any other
way to get both to work if the supply .sys is different?