GetConnectionBandwidth() returns wild value

GetConnectionBandwidth() returns wild value

Post by Tim Carte » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Either my connection is about 2GBps or I'm doing something very wrong.  The
following code returns a value of 2147483647.

I'm modifying the wmaplay example app and have made the following changes:

class CSimplePlayer...
protected:
IWMReaderNetworkConfig *m_pNetworkConfig;

In CSimplePlayer::Play()
 hr = m_pReader->QueryInterface(IID_IWMReaderNetworkConfig, ( VOID
** )&m_pNetworkConfig);
 if( FAILED( hr ) )
    {
        _tprintf( _T( "failed to QI NetworkConfig (hr=0x%08x)\n" ), hr );
        return( hr );
    }

and in CSimplePlay:OnStatus()
DWORD dwConnectionBandwidth;
 if (m_pNetworkConfig)
 {
  hr = m_pNetworkConfig->GetConnectionBandwidth(&dwConnectionBandwidth);
  if( FAILED( hr ) )
  {
   _tprintf( _T( "GetConnectionBandwidth() failed (hr=0x%08x)\n" ), hr );
   return( hr );
  }
  printf("ConnectionBandwidth=%d\n", dwConnectionBandwidth);
 }

Help?

Thanks!

T.

1. cool animation/multimedia contest sponsored by Wild Wild Web television show

The Wild Wild Web television show is sponsoring a contest called the
"Quickies Awards" for the best animation and multimedia on the Web.  Check it
out at http://www.getwild.com/theshow.       The categories are animation, live
action and interactive treat.  They're giving away some cool prizes like an
Olympus D-400Z digital camera, sound-editing software from Sonic Foundry, and
a big package of software from Macromedia. Entries are due April 14, 1999.
More info is at the show's site : http://www.getwild.com/theshow.

2. words overlapping in word process

3. MCI Return value

4. Iomega zip 750 IEEE

5. returning values from object methods

6. Port Apps from UNIX to NT

7. MCI Return value

8. USR Wireless Access PCI-Card with XP Home

9. WM Format SDK ID3 Tags returns no value

10. XFCN return values--help!

11. The value returned by GetPlaySendDelta() is too short!!

12. DirectSound Return Value of 1

13. IWMSyncReader->SetOutputProps returns undocumented value S_FALSE