Window Media Encoder Plug-In for Adobe Premiere

Window Media Encoder Plug-In for Adobe Premiere

Post by Jim Tuc » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 10:50:14

I am not a developer, but Tech Support suggested I try
this forum.  I use Adobe Premiere 6.o and have had the
Windows Media Encoder plug-in working in the past.  I use
this bundled plug-in which is installed by the Premiere
installation and is part of the Direct X 8.0 install.  (It
loads a number of plug-ins, eg Real Network Encoder).

For some unknown reason, Premiere crashed and Adobe had me
uninstall and reinstall the program.  After doing so the
WMV encoder fails on initial start-up with a failure
in "CM-WMF.PRM" and Premiere shuts down.  I have
uninstalled this file (deleted) and reinstalled the plug-
in (direct X from the Adobe CD), but this has not fixed my
problem.  I would appreciate any help some can give.
Thanks!

Window Media Encoder Plug-In for Adobe Premiere

Post by Gary Goodru » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 14:15:46

I also use Adobe 6.0 and the WME plugin. I'm not sure what
your problem is but I'd make sure you load the 6.01 update
from Adobe and then try loading the updated WM8-compatible
plugin that is part of the WME Encoder SDK, I think.

Good luck.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am not a developer, but Tech Support suggested I try
>this forum.  I use Adobe Premiere 6.o and have had the
>Windows Media Encoder plug-in working in the past.  I use
>this bundled plug-in which is installed by the Premiere
>installation and is part of the Direct X 8.0 install.
(It
>loads a number of plug-ins, eg Real Network Encoder).

>For some unknown reason, Premiere crashed and Adobe had
me
>uninstall and reinstall the program.  After doing so the
>WMV encoder fails on initial start-up with a failure
>in "CM-WMF.PRM" and Premiere shuts down.  I have
>uninstalled this file (deleted) and reinstalled the plug-
>in (direct X from the Adobe CD), but this has not fixed
my
>problem.  I would appreciate any help some can give.
>Thanks!
>.

Window Media Encoder Plug-In for Adobe Premiere

Post by JimTuc » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 10:57:52

Thanks.  I will try and find the WM8 file.  I am begining
to suspect this is a corupted DirectX file that is not
being updated because the version number is right when I
run DirectX 8.0a.  JimT

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I also use Adobe 6.0 and the WME plugin. I'm not sure
what
>your problem is but I'd make sure you load the 6.01
update
>from Adobe and then try loading the updated WM8-
compatible
>plugin that is part of the WME Encoder SDK, I think.

>Good luck.

1. Digigami announces MPEG encoder plug-in for Adobe Premiere

Digigami, Incorporated announced the immediate availability of MegaPEG
for Adobe Premiere, a software-based MPEG (Moving Picture Expert's
Group) encoder implemented as a data export plug-in.  The MegaPEG
plug-in uniquely allows the desktop video creator to encode MPEG video
streams, right from within Adobe Premiere.

http://www.digigami.com/premiere-plugins/

2. NS 3.01: Invalid page faults/crashes in sending mail

3. Plug-in for Adobe Premiere 6.5 (Beta)

4. Netscape 2.0b1 32-bit where?

5. Adobe Premiere Machine Control Plug-in's...

6. White windows pop-up screen with only close button?

7. Encoder 9 Plug-in for Premiere

8. MSN Explorer having problem signing in

9. Premiere, Media 100, Avid plug-in: Boris FX

10. Adobe Premiere and xing mpeg encoder freezes up when i use avi files

11. Multimedia plug-ins & Adobe GoLive

12. Windows Media Encoder 7 with codec from Windows Media Encoder 9