Request info on MM research

Post by Aartjan van Erk » Thu, 10 Mar 1994 01:55:08

Hello there,

Could anybody tell me about research (past and present) on the "soft side"
of interactive multimedia? Meaning: research NOT by
programmers/informaticians but by social scientists, communication experts
etc on how to design MM-applications that are effective from a user point
of view, considering psychological and communicational factors.

I'm new to MM, but I get the impression that a lot of MM stuff is being
made by freaks who like to make whatever can be made from a technological
point of view, without stopping and thinking how they could design a user
interface that best serves the needs of the (naive) users.

As a student of Communication at Utrecht University, the Netherlands, I
will participate in a project aimed at designing an interactive MM
application which will be used in an exhibition on the history of a city in
the Netherlands. This application will be something like an interactive
database.

I would be most grateful if you could provide titles of books, articles,
etc. on relevant research (MM, user interfaces, computer mediated
comunication etc.), or names and (e mail)-adresses of people who are
experts in this field who I could contact to get further information.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1. Europe Mm Market Info Request

I'm looking for info on Italian and European MM market and more precisely:
1) how much is the business for interective multimedia?
2) the market share between various specialties, like edutainment,
enetertainment, professional, and so on
3) multimedia market development forecast
4) firms and companies which are investing in multimedia at this moment
in Europe.

2. Disable audio with XP Remote Desktop

3. Request for Info on Good MM Tools.

4. Start Button Color

5. ACTOR: info & info request

6. FindWindow( NULL, "name" ) locks up

7. Research on: Problems of implementing mm in organisations please help

8. Undeletable ".tmp" files

9. mm-use research

10. Acoutic Research Has High End MM Products

11. Research Papers on MM CAL authoring tool?

12. MM in the home domain - any research ???

13. Research Fellowships at Concurrent Engineering Research Center