Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"

Post by Bret » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:38:17

Following on from my previous messages, 50% of my
mpg/mpeg downloads work and the others come back
with "Error 80040265 Format Not Supported". I primarily
use MP version 6.04.08.1120 as that to me is the best
version of MP I have used. I have Windows XP Pro.

I never encountered this problem until recently, making
me think there's incompatibility with new software I have
downloaded. I have now uninstalled all this software but
this issue continues.

CURIOUSLY, IF I RE-DOWNLOAD THE NON-WORKING MPG/MPEG'S,
THEY SEEM TO WORK THE SECOND TIME ROUND!!!

Any suggestions to cure an annoying problem???

Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"

Post by scsd » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:26:05

Are you sure it's not "Format is not supported"?

Quote:> Following on from my previous messages, 50% of my
> mpg/mpeg downloads work and the others come back
> with "Error 80040265 Format Not Supported". I primarily
> use MP version 6.04.08.1120 as that to me is the best
> version of MP I have used. I have Windows XP Pro.

> I never encountered this problem until recently, making
> me think there's incompatibility with new software I have
> downloaded. I have now uninstalled all this software but
> this issue continues.

> CURIOUSLY, IF I RE-DOWNLOAD THE NON-WORKING MPG/MPEG'S,
> THEY SEEM TO WORK THE SECOND TIME ROUND!!!

> Any suggestions to cure an annoying problem???

Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"

Post by Chris [MSF » Thu, 01 May 2003 03:58:33

The files may be encoded with a codec that isn't defaulty supported in the
old version of WMP. Are you able to play it with v8, the one that comes
with XP?

Chris[MSFT]
===
Additional Information -
WMP FAQ -
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Movie Maker FAQ -
http://pws.chartermi.net/~papajohn/MM2.html

--------------------

Subject: Re: Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:26:05 +0200

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player

Are you sure it's not "Format is not supported"?

Quote:> Following on from my previous messages, 50% of my
> mpg/mpeg downloads work and the others come back
> with "Error 80040265 Format Not Supported". I primarily
> use MP version 6.04.08.1120 as that to me is the best
> version of MP I have used. I have Windows XP Pro.

> I never encountered this problem until recently, making
> me think there's incompatibility with new software I have
> downloaded. I have now uninstalled all this software but
> this issue continues.

> CURIOUSLY, IF I RE-DOWNLOAD THE NON-WORKING MPG/MPEG'S,
> THEY SEEM TO WORK THE SECOND TIME ROUND!!!

> Any suggestions to cure an annoying problem???

Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"

Post by scsd » Fri, 09 May 2003 20:47:05

Try downloading codecs at www.doom9.org (you need the systempack, it's
awesome and everything you need to play
every virtually known avi/mpeg etc)

> The files may be encoded with a codec that isn't defaulty supported in the
> old version of WMP. Are you able to play it with v8, the one that comes
> with XP?

> Chris[MSFT]
> ===
> Additional Information -
> WMP FAQ -
> http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

> Movie Maker FAQ -
> http://pws.chartermi.net/~papajohn/MM2.html

-
rights.

> --------------------

> Subject: Re: Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:26:05 +0200

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player

> Are you sure it's not "Format is not supported"?

> > Following on from my previous messages, 50% of my
> > mpg/mpeg downloads work and the others come back
> > with "Error 80040265 Format Not Supported". I primarily
> > use MP version 6.04.08.1120 as that to me is the best
> > version of MP I have used. I have Windows XP Pro.

> > I never encountered this problem until recently, making
> > me think there's incompatibility with new software I have
> > downloaded. I have now uninstalled all this software but
> > this issue continues.

> > CURIOUSLY, IF I RE-DOWNLOAD THE NON-WORKING MPG/MPEG'S,
> > THEY SEEM TO WORK THE SECOND TIME ROUND!!!

> > Any suggestions to cure an annoying problem???

1. Error 80040265 "Format Not Formatted"

Further to previous message;

Problematic mpg/mpeg downloaded files won't work on MP8
either. Unless, as I said before, I download the files
again. Then the second version usually works. Wierd.

Also, I took your advice on MP8 to MP9 upgrade/install
problems and tried it using the "Windows Update" feature.
It also came back with an install error message and said
many components could not be installed. No reason given.
Once again, it was another 9+ meg wasted download.

The question remains - how do I upgrade my MP8 to MP9
OTHER than using "Windows Update" and the upgrade
function in MP8???

2. lexmark x83

3. What's the difference between "Quick Format" & "Format" ?

4. missing boot.ini

5. ERROR - NT floppy "Not formatted or formatted for Macintosh"

6. how do i delete a 0KB file?

7. Adding a HD

8. Error=80040265 - can't playback format not suupported

9. Error code 80040265 format not supported

10. The format is not supported. (Error=80040265)

11. "The Format of this file was not recognised as a valid playlist format" - Pardon??