Tooltip error

Post by C » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:42:20

Hello,
Well, I've posted this error many times and there have
been no responses from MS. Sometimes a given song won't
play, 'turn orange' with the tooltip 'A Necessary WM SDK
is not available at this time blah blah'
When this happens, the cpu usage goes up to 100% for
about 2 secs. What is going on? It happens almost every
time I play a set of songs.

regards,
PS: zachd[ms] I'd appreciate your point of view on this.

OS: XP Home
CPU: P4 1.4G and 384 RAM PC800
Sound: Turtle Beach SC
Graphics: NVDIA 64

Tooltip error

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:59:13

Quote:> Hello,
> Well, I've posted this error many times and there have
> been no responses from MS. Sometimes a given song won't
> play, 'turn orange' with the tooltip 'A Necessary WM SDK
> is not available at this time blah blah'
> When this happens, the cpu usage goes up to 100% for
> about 2 secs. What is going on? It happens almost every
> time I play a set of songs.

> regards,
> PS: zachd[ms] I'd appreciate your point of view on this.

I don't have one.  Sounds like you want *technical* support, not peer
communication.

 http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#netiquette

-Z
See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.

1. 2980: Strange tooltip error message when playing back a ripped track

Problem noticed when I was playing back an album I ripped yesterday with
WMP9.2980. One of the tracks that had played back OK yesterday was skipped
over (+ rendered in orange text, with a ! prefix). Hovering over this track,
I got a tooltip which began, IIRC: "A necessary WM SDK interface to complete
this operation was not available." and then followed by the regular track
metadata.

The tooltip returned to normal after I tried - successfully - to replay the
track.

2. remote connection display

3. ToolTip error pops up on startup

4. netscape 3.0b4 -says quicktime is older verison(won't run) i have 2.1.1?#?!#?$$#!!!!!

5. WM SDK tooltip error

6. Internet explorer 6.0

7. zachd[ms] strange tooltip error

8. Intel MV450 & DHCP doesn't renew lease when expires on Cable Modem

9. DEBUG:Tooltips= YES REL:Tooltips?NO!

10. Exception error using tooltips in MFC dialog app

11. BUG: WMP 9: Volume Tooltip [and presumedly other sliders] - Sometimes there Sometimes not

12. MediaPlayer 6.4 Tooltips visible when ShowControls=False

13. Media player tooltips