record sound without having the "Wave Out" line enabled?

record sound without having the "Wave Out" line enabled?

Post by loobi » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:42:12

Hi all!

My problem is that I am writing an app, that should record the sound
that you hear from your speakers (the Wave Out line). But, the
recording records this sound only when I enable the "Wave Out" from my
mixer's settings.  I have C++ source code that can enable a
destination line, by given name... for example "Wave Out",
"Microphone", "CD Audio" and so on...
But, depending on your drivers, this line (the Wave Out) has different
names like:
Wave Out
Stereo Out
Wave Mix

And so on...
As this program will be installed on may PCs, the name of this line
will vary, and I can't do my program to enable this destination line,
as I do not know its name, as it always varies...

So, how do I record a sound file without having to enable this line?
Do you know any other solution?

Thanks!

record sound without having the "Wave Out" line enabled?

Post by Jian-Shen Lin[MSF » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:29:49

I think you need to enable it, othewise you can record the sound from
destination line.

Yes, the name vary from idfferent drivers, but you can use enum way to get
the destination wave out line.

There is sample in MSDN mixapp that can tell how to enum and enable it.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsa...
html/vcsmpmixapp.asp

Best Regards

Jian Shen